BC parks regulations?

salbrecher

I was at the Sphinx cabin the the other day and some rangers and kids came accross the lake IN A POWER BOAT "to do some fishing". When I inquired as the weather or not they are allowed to use the boat for the afor mentioned purpose he suddenly became very defensive and replyed "it's a BC parks boat and BC parks personel". I didn't think planes where allowed to land on the lakes because of gas polution. I was a little mad that they would pollute the lake so they could do some fishing [Mad] . Anybody know what kind of regulations BC parks has in place about the usesof their powerboats?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax. Most of us have some sort of unofficial benefit from our work. The employees of that specific park have been busting their asses off for years to keep it well maintained and in return, all with less than 13 years of seniority are being laid off.

GB

P.S. If you read the summit register on Sphinx you'd realize that the fishing must be good up there too.

quote:

Originally posted by salbrecher:

If the rangers use the boat to rescue people I can see, but not just to go fishing for fun. And how do you expect me to "mellow out and relax" when a sensative alpine lake is slowly being destroyed
[Mad][Eek!][Roll Eyes]

DAMN RIGHT STOP THOSE CIVIL SERVANTS FROM HAVING FUN... TAKE AWAY THEIR COMPUTERS SO THEY CANNOT SPRAY ON THE INTERNET... TAKE AWAY THEIR SUVs GUNS AND POWER BOATS... MAKE THEM WORK HARD THEY ARE ALL FAT AND LAZY

[laf]

Do they or do they not still land floatplanes in that lake?

If they have a powerboat on that lake for rescues, it will be used for fishing - guaranteed.

I once saw a guy portaging a canoe up the Rubble Creek trail, he had a case of Extra Old Stock in each hand... [big Grin]

You know that all the fish in Garibaldi are stocked, right?

quote:

Originally posted by jordop:

Hmmm . . . you could do some ice fishing up there on a ski trip. Cut the hole with an avi saw. Nothing like scotch and trout. Yumm!

I prefer my WHISKEY neat, with no pollutants in it like ice or fish, thanks.

If you have any comments or suggestions about maintenance of the Burton (Sphinx) hut you can send them to Greg Rekken (flamesnflowers at hotmail.com).

Hut maintenance materials can only be brought in in winter on skis so it is good to know in advance what might be needed.