Music

olyclimber

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered this on my fave T tracker, funky and well, not your typical accordian music. :rawk:

Occasionally, Kimmo Pohjonen does what you expect an accordion player to do there are brief bursts of sea shanty or airs that imply the grandeur

of Parisian boulevards. Seconds later, he’ll be screaming absurdities into his mike, beating himself around the head and exor/exercizing the

banshees that live within the 65kg instrument responsible for sounds no human could have hoped to hear while alive. Oh yes, the Finn, after

years of playing folk and classical music then dropping out on Kielo (Rockadillo Records) has discovered a hotline to Hades, where every

sinner is forced to play a squeezebox rather than a banjo.

He enters a stage more suited to Waiting for Godot than a gig and immediately impersonates a fog horn. His droning, shrieking and accordion-thumping

are put on everlasting loops to form the rhythmic bases for whatever else he has planned, which usually involves a pick ‘n’ mix from the dozens of

FX pedals at his feet. It’s like nothing your correspondent has ever heard.”

Check it out, you might likee!

Kimmo

pohkosmjyvassmall.jpg

new Lucinda Williams

Nice! Lucinda is awesome.

Right now - the new one from the Shins. Not as good as the last album, but still pretty great.

I am still waiting for the new Lucinda to show up, good to hear that it is as good as the reviews say it is.

My music list about the same as it was though, I have gone back to listen to Peeping Tom and General Patton and X-ecutioners. Right now Soul Position is cranked in my pod. I also just got some more Aesop Rock, Busdriver, Weather (busdriver project). I porbably go to my friends house and burn their drives on to mine and edit it later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...