Music

olyclimber

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am switching it up these days and getting into some really cool Dark Ambient, retro progressive stuff, and Scandinavian/Death Metal.

Currenty rotating thru:

Lustmord

Lull

Raison d'Etre

Breakout

Porcupine Tree

Camel

Mahavishnu Orchestra

Amon Amarth

Blind Guardian

Summoning

Hey Chirp I just realized I never sent you that cd.

Anyway... recently I have been listening to the progressive sounds of my youth and rediscovered -Aksak Maboul's second album. The pinnacle of 70 progressive type rock. Suitably it was released in 1980. This album is unbelievably good.

LOL np I figured you were plenty busy :)

Lustmord is excellent prenatal music for babies.

Dude, Rising, his newest is amazing! Very cool stuff!

The Lustmord Album 25 Years In The Making. Lustmord: Rising was captured live at The Center for Inquiry, Los Angeles June 6, 2006, with no additional overdubs or production. The first Lustmord performance in 25 years, following an invitation from The Church of Satan to perform as live accompaniment to the church's first ever public Satanic High Mass, given in celebration of their 40th anniversary. The performance drew on material from various Lustmord albums, melded and blended into new combinations, as well as new material and improvisation. The release of Lustmord: Rising also marks the 25th anniversary of Lustmord. Over the quarter century of its existence Lustmord has attained a legendary reputation, with numerous albums and collaborative recording partnerships with the likes of Tool, Melvins, Coil, Paul Haslinger, Tangerine Dream, SPK, Chris & Cosey, Throbbing Gristle, Clock DVA, Robert Rich, Jarboe (Swans), Current 93, Nurse With Wound and Lori Carson. Brian Williams, the man behind Lustmord, has furthermore made a name for himself in the last 13 years, while based in Los Angeles, with his sound design and music expertise for film, television commercials and video games. He has worked on more than 40 motion pictures, including Underworld, The Crow, The Craft, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Negotiator, The Siege Bride of Chucky and The Insider. Often imitated, never equaled. Lustmord live, the next chapter.

I blasted my kids with The Animals' "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place" while they were en utero.

Fear did a pretty good cover of this song on "The Record". Guarnateed to produce disturbed children.

-r

Guaranteed. Recently, one of 'em graduated valedictorian from a junior college... at the age of eighteen.

Lustmord is excellent prenatal music for babies.

Dude, Rising, his newest is amazing! Very cool stuff!

The Lustmord Album 25 Years In The Making. Lustmord: Rising was captured live at The Center for Inquiry, Los Angeles June 6, 2006, with no additional overdubs or production. The first Lustmord performance in 25 years, following an invitation from The Church of Satan to perform as live accompaniment to the church's first ever public Satanic High Mass, given in celebration of their 40th anniversary. The performance drew on material from various Lustmord albums, melded and blended into new combinations, as well as new material and improvisation. The release of Lustmord: Rising also marks the 25th anniversary of Lustmord. Over the quarter century of its existence Lustmord has attained a legendary reputation, with numerous albums and collaborative recording partnerships with the likes of Tool, Melvins, Coil, Paul Haslinger, Tangerine Dream, SPK, Chris & Cosey, Throbbing Gristle, Clock DVA, Robert Rich, Jarboe (Swans), Current 93, Nurse With Wound and Lori Carson. Brian Williams, the man behind Lustmord, has furthermore made a name for himself in the last 13 years, while based in Los Angeles, with his sound design and music expertise for film, television commercials and video games. He has worked on more than 40 motion pictures, including Underworld, The Crow, The Craft, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Negotiator, The Siege Bride of Chucky and The Insider. Often imitated, never equaled. Lustmord live, the next chapter.

Have you listened to the Bride of Chucky soundtrack? BRILLIANT!