Can you identify?

carolyn

Ive been scanning a bunch of my photos to put on my computer. So glad I FINALLY have a good digital camera now. Anyway, some of the pix I never labeled or think I mislabelled and was wondering if anyone can identify what I might be looking at.

Be warned....the quality of the photos are not great!

North_Cascades_2001.jpg

Mt_Baker91101.jpg

I_think_we_are_looking_at_Mt_Rainier_from_afar.jpg

Rainier_Maybe.jpg

Scan0072.jpg

North_Cascades_2001_4.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mt. Baker's Heliotrope Ridge w/ Black Buttes visible just left of center.

2. Mt. Baker w/ Coleman Glacier icefall & Headwall beyond.

3. St. Helens from Johnston Ridge Observatory.

4. Mt. Adams from south?? (compare with: http://noether.uoregon.edu/~ptallen/Trips/GP/GP-Thumbnails/3.jpg)

5. Snoqualmie Mountain (far left), Red Mountain and Kendal Peak (center) and Guye Peak lower right. Photo probably taken from near The Tooth or Chair Peak.

6. Beats the shit outta me...good luck! Hidden Lake Peaks at right with Sibley Pass below to the left. Photo taken from Boston Basin Trail

Edited by sverdina

1. Mt. Baker's Heliotrope Ridge w/ Black Buttes visible just left of center.

2. Mt. Baker w/ Coleman Glacier icefall & Headwall beyond.

3. St. Helens from Johnston Ridge Observatory.

4. Mt. Adams from south?? (compare with: http://noether.uoregon.edu/~ptallen/Trips/GP/GP-Thumbnails/3.jpg)

5. Snoqualmie Mountain (far left), Red Mountain and Kendal Peak (center) and Guye Peak lower right. Photo probably taken from near The Tooth or Chair Peak.

6. Beats the shit outta me...good luck!

Those make sense as I hiked up heliotrope trail on 9/10/01 and camped by the glacier until 9/12/01 (yup, no clue what was happening in the world until I came down).

I also hiked some trail by Helens, spent some time at Mt. Adams - thats a story in itself. I have some kewl photos of a fire developing while I was there, engulfing the mountian in smoke. Climbed the tooth in 2002.

I'll keep working on the last one. I might throw a few more in here.

Kurt-

My photos of Outer Space kinda suck, except for....

Kurt_doesnt_think_the_goat_is_all_that_tough.jpg

OUter_Space_base_of_climb.jpg

damn disposable cameras!!!! Ive always been too scared to carry a real camera. No longer! I am armed with digital and ready to shoot. :battlecage:

Goats own that crag. ;)

No shit! I remember them meeting us at the top and joining us in the descent. That was the first time I had seen goats so close up. I thought they were cute and wanted to pet them. :grin: You dared me to try. :noway: It was tempting, tho! :moondance:

Anyway...this is one of my favorite photos I found. Someone I met out here in Orient Bay, Ontario started guiding for RMI. He took me out on the nisqually to climb on the seracs. I was scared shitless as we walked accross some of them. We never quite made it to any clean one's - I think due to my fear of walking any further! This was in 2000?2001?

Mt_Rainier_dirty_seracs_2001.jpg

Here are photos of the fire near Adams:

Fire_seen_from_Mt_Adams_2001.jpg

Observing_Mt_Adams_fire_from_afar_2001.jpg

The spot in that cloud is a plane, throwing down water. And It started out being such a nice day! Then...*cough!cough!*

Ahh...good eye Phil! Yep, that's HLP at right with Sibley Pass below to the left. Photo taken from Boston Basin Trail...and I even have the exact same shot. DOH!

forbidden01.jpg

Yes, except...HLP is more or less dead center? Sibley pass below and to the right? The nearer ridge on the right is the Roush Creek/Hidden Lake Creek divide (the divide that vaguely descends from the Triad.

Correct...HLP is dead center. I wasn't clear, but I was only referring to the background peaks - the same as seen in Carolyn's photo. However, I think you're right in stating that Sibley Pass lies to the right (not left) of the snowy peak I initially identified as HLP. The trail must come up from the other side. In that case, Hidden Lake itself must lie directly beneath the smaller looking point just left of HLP (probably the one with lookout on top).

Thanks so much! These photos were taken on my first trip out to the PNW. I spent a month, mainly solo, hiking around the big volcanoes. I took pictures that I thought were nice-and lots of em! Now, Im actually interested in knowing what these are pictures of! I will probably post a few more as I continue to go through the photos.

That trip btw covered A LOT!

-a few nights in pdx

-hiked with some friends from pdx to the hut/cabin on S. Side of Hood.

-Long hike (and drive) on a trail viewing Helens

-a couple hikes in the gorge

-2 Day trip to smith (first time climbing rock outside)

-Two days on Adams. Hiked up to lunch counter? This part of the trip was with the infamous Beck. We had fun!

-1 day on Rainier climbing seracs on nisqually

-1 night camping near rainier at the side of the road - awaken by gunfire.

-1 night sleeping on the porch of the rmi house

-2 days at Teiton

-2 days on Baker

- 1 night in bham

-couple nights in seattle

-a few nights near cascade pass, I think.

-a few nights in seattle

AND

-my first pub club

The car accident I had a month before, which totalled my car was completely worth it as it paid for this great experience AND got me hooked on wanting to climb and annual trips to the PNW !

(btw, it wasnt my fault - i was rearended by a damn truck!)