Bugaboos - Conditions and Weather

Climzalot

Anyone have any first or second hand info on how things have been up there? Any recommendations on places to get current info on the web. I check cbc.ca for weather but I am sure there is a better spot. Any help and or info is greatly appreciated.

cgentzel@aai.cc

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

check weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca and click on golden for weather.

call up the ACC national hut or email (check www.alpineclubofcanada.ca ) and ask how busy the hut is cause it has been full lots over the past few weeks or so ihear

i heard 2nd hand its been busy with lots of peopole in there doing new routes before the new guidebook comes out... conditions good for rock not so good for snow and ice... and many thunderstorms. bzzzzap!

Thanks Dru. Probably going to camp at Applebee if its not raining too hard and maybe a few nights over by the Howsers. Ill check the weather link for a comparison. Do you remember which book Gimli is described in or any other source of info for the South Ridge. I know there was a topic on this but I am too lazy to look for it.

Thanks much

cgentzel@aai.cc

Just got back from a six day trip. The weather was marginal. Snow every morning save one. Ticked the Cain on Bugaboo. My buddy ticked McTech. One team pushed through the snow and iced cracks to do the NE ridge on Bug. Lotsa folks were bailing due to weather. We left Tues. just as the first t-storm of the trip hit. Lotsa graupel, hail, snow, and some rain the last week. But hey it may be getting better. (ps the big hose looked in last mon. 8\6)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a nice little climbing trip. Made a stop in the Bugs and got the W. Ridge of Pigeon and the Beckey/Chouinard done, went to Valhallas and did that route on Gimli and then checked out the Cooper/Hiser route on Chimney Rock in Idaho. Conditions were good all the way around. Our last day in the Bugs things were getting cloudy but it has been several days since we were there. Good times.

Coley