Hipster Bingo

G-spotter

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any baristas on that list. and the dearth of bianchi pistas is palpable.

That's for the special PDX Fixster (fixie-hipster) edition. Add Krypto mini-lock in the back pocket of the brown polyester shants, Chrome messenger bag, and not-wearing-a-helmet-even-though-you-are-completely-oblivious-to-traffic-and-are-basically-asking-to-get-hit-so-your-other-1,000-hipster-clone-friends-can-have-a-nude-candlelight-critical-mass-vigil-ride-to-protest-the-tyranny-of-the-automobile-and-lament-your-tragic-but-ultimately-utterly-predictable-death. Oh, and non-functioning brake lever so the cops don't stop you for brakeless fixie-pedaling.

I forgot about the fixters until I saw a peloton of them outside stumptown the other day. Actually they were trying to stop at stumptown but wound up in a big pile of ipods and misfits logos one block away.

Add to PDX Fixster list: 8"-wide handlebars with BMX grips (colored plastic with white stars); mail gets delivered to the chair you live in out front at Stumptown, where you sit and vibe all passersby for not being fixie enough (no walkie-talkie signifying messenger status? 5 demerits. No flyers or playing cards in your spokes? 3 demerits. No vintage cycling cap in place of helmet? 9 demerits. More than two high-tech bicycle parts on your beater fixie (e.g. aero disc-wheel, Campy cranks, custom titanium/carbon non-functioning brake lever)? 6 demerits).

A strict diet of coffee, PBR, American Spirits, and restaurant work has failed to produce the degree of flaccid palor universally prized by the hip, regardless of generation. The answer: Cosmetic chemo.

For those of you who don't want to just catch the next wave, but want to be already on the beach with a mai tai in hand when the next wave hits: I'm taking on investors.