Fun Fun Fun In The Mountains

Dru

I am having fun away from work.

Saturday: Sir Don NW ridge was wet in a snowstorm so we climbed Uto SW ridge instead just like many others have. Good scramble. Take rope to rap one step when descending.

Sunday: cragging at Back of the Lake with everyone from Quebec. Like the whole fucking province. My belayer got in a fight with some of them while I was leading a 5.7.

Monday: NE buttress of Ha Ling (the peak formerly known as China....) 4 hrs up. Lots of fixed pins and not a few bolts. Very little gear otherwise.

Tuesday: hiked in to Castle Hut

Wednesday: Brewers Buttress. This route kix serious ASS!!!! Best limestone I have ever seen except for Mt Owen in New Zealand, and Verdon Gorge I guess.

Thurs: Bass Buttress. Steeper and looser than Brewers. Fun plus.

Today: drove home to shower and wash clothes.

Tomorrow: heading out for Homathko Icefield.

Keep the spray alive while I'm gone! [Wink]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the dingage ($) to get into the Sir D area up to these days? Something like 10$/day for the car and 6$/day fer the head? Too broke. May have to climb elsewhere in Aug. Partner is calling it the welfare road trip!

Dru get some good pics of Bess Regina!

apparently as a protest over not being allowed sidearms, the National Park rangers are refusing to do enforcement duties... does that mean no enforcement of permit requirements in Canada's National Parks??? [big Grin]it might so get there fast!!!!