BC Boarding recommendations

rob

I've been riding inbounds for quite a while and I'm pretty OK. But since my board was stolen :mad: I'm in the market for a new one and I'd like to get into BC riding.

So...got any recommendations on a board/bindings that will do well off piste? I imagine I'll want something lighter, etc...

I've got snowshoes, and I'm taking an avy class this month, so I figure I got that angle covered.

Any tips?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitboard is the way to go. Either buy a factory built board, or make one yourself using the kit voile provides. If your a snowboarder there's no point in learning to ski when you can just get a splitboard. Only advantage to skis is the approach, and the splitboard solves this problem. As far as the DIY kit, I myself stand by it fully. I rode a DIY board for over 6 months before I got a factory split, and I still let my friends use the DIY I made. If you can cut a straight line with a circular saw, you can make a splitboard.