Snow Conditions - TehSuck

gapertimmy

Being a firm believer in the 'if you don't go you don't know' school of thought, I ignored the 32 degree temps at 6k feet and decided to go see what things were looking like up high.

At the dutchman flat parking lot, the trees were raining and the snow was getting super sloppy. Yet, I still strapped the ski's on the caddy and cruised up to Ball Butte.

I couldn't make it past Moon Mtn meadows because no other crazy slednekkers had put in a track yet, and I'm just not mantastic enough to do so when solo. Anyhow, just below Moon Mtn just about 7k' the snow is super super suck. The pow from days past has turned into super slushee mix.

I never got a glimpse of brokentop due to rainy fog, but I imagine some naturual sluffage is/has gone off up there. Anyhow, thats the sloppy condition reports from central oregon.

Vertical Feet Skied/Skinned: -zippo- zero :anger:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruised up to Tom Dick & Harry near Ski Bowl yesterday, we were hoping that the massive amount of snow that fell on Friday/Saturday would make up for the fact that it was pouring rain and windy. Mmmm not so much. It wasn't a total loss though, we got in some turns above the lake and had a way fun ride down.

Total skied distance about 3 miles.

Having rare days off, I tried Hood yest too. Started at Govy (sumit snopark), skinned up to 8000. Snow plowed, fell the whole way down on the cat track. Amazing conditions, pure ice. I have only skied one day worse than this ever.

I was so depressed.

I did use my new dynafit/atomic Mx-11 ultralight skis and felt awesome skinning, however.

The downhill was so shitty, I hitchhiked DOWN to govy after skinning 4k.

Dr Dre- that must have been you that I talked to just above Silcox while my group was "skiing" down (survival descending may be a better word than skiing). Sorry to hear that the conditions didn't warm up any as the sun hit the south side. Hope your next day off gets you something a little less painful.

Hey Guys,

Tele, we did talk. I can assure you, you looked a lot more graceful coming down the hill than I did!

I went up West leg to Alpine trail and then bee-lined up from the lower lift to the end of the Mile lift. I followed the cat track and it still sucked. I turned around at about 8000. With 4 days out this yr, without a single good turn, I sure hope I am rewarded soon.

Good luck, guys. Dre'