Old Settler - N Talc Creek Rd - GATE???

Rafal

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

I was up there last year some time and the same sign was on the gate then. (part of a Welch Peak TR I posted here if you need the exact date)

The gate stayed open 'til well after 5 when we drove out. It was the season for high school grad parties, and a large contigent of suburban high schoolers stumbling around with cheap beer on the lakeside when we drove out. In fact, that was the day we called an ambulance for a kid who got his leg mangled in an ATV/Car accident.

It was very busy back there, but the gate stayed open then. I'd call them, may be that we just got lucky.

There is a lot of mine-related traffic going up and down that road recently as they are trying to develop a molybdenite mine near Talc headwaters on the divide with Ruby Cr. Maybe why it is open later, mine guys working later trhan loggers, or being less rigorous about locking up. Which is nice if you are going for the Settler.