Conversations with God

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares what these nut jobs think?

Probly the some of the same people who call for a "ban on winter climbing". Maybe some of the same people who call for congressional investigation into why James Kim was "allowed" to drive down a mountain logging road in a snowstorm and nearly kill his family. Maybe the same people who voted for Bush and Cheney. And maybe the same people who think global warming is a myth or will actually be a good thing.

In other words, unfortunately, anywhere from 1/4 to over 1/2 of the American people probably care -or worse yet *believe*- what this demented cult leader has to say. If not him, then some other demented cult leader.

Wonder if "God" brought up that little bit about Patty callin for the assassination of the president of Venezuela? Seems like maybe "God" would choose a more worthy vehicle for his messages to be conveyed.

Of coarse, it could be that "God" really IS an old white man with a long beard who only speaks english to a few chosen, rich, rightwing, cult leaders, enjoys destroying shit and generally bringing extreme suffering upon the masses.

Also, I wonder what's being neglected around the rest of the universe while "God" is so busy talking to Pat or causing earthquakes, terrorist attacks and other havoc on this one single, pissy, little insignificant shit of a planet.

Coarse, he ("God") prolly gots like Superman or Spidey man powers or somethin.

Scotty, dude, beam me out'a here..

who cares what these nut jobs think?

Probly the some of the same people who call for a "ban on winter climbing". Maybe some of the same people who call for congressional investigation into why James Kim was "allowed" to drive down a mountain logging road in a snowstorm and nearly kill his family. Maybe the same people who voted for Bush and Cheney. And maybe the same people who think global warming is a myth or will actually be a good thing.

In other words, unfortunately, anywhere from 1/4 to over 1/2 of the American people probably care -or worse yet *believe*- what this demented cult leader has to say. If not him, then some other demented cult leader.

Wonder if "God" brought up that little bit about Patty callin for the assassination of the president of Venezuela? Seems like maybe "God" would choose a more worthy vehicle for his messages to be conveyed.

Of coarse, it could be that "God" really IS an old white man with a long beard who only speaks english to a few chosen, rich, rightwing, cult leaders, enjoys destroying shit and generally bringing extreme suffering upon the masses.

Also, I wonder what's being neglected around the rest of the universe while "God" is so busy talking to Pat or causing earthquakes, terrorist attacks and other havoc on this one single, pissy, little insignificant shit of a planet.

Coarse, he ("God") prolly gots like Superman or Spidey man powers or somethin.

Scotty, dude, beam me out'a here..

If by 1/4 to 1/2, you are insinuating that all Christians, or even all evangelicals look up to him for spiritual direction, all I can say is that you are flat out wrong. I know a lot more "evangelicals" than you do, I'd wager, and almost without exception they/we think he's a nut job.

If making/believing in these broad generalizations makes the complex world easier for your simple intellect to grasp, more power to you. I'm sure you have more important things to spend your time on than exploring and researching your beliefs and prejudices.

Edited by ericb

If by 1/4 to 1/2, you are insinuating that all Christians, or even all evangelicals look up to him for spiritual direction, all I can say is that you are flat out wrong. I know a lot more "evangelicals" than you do, I'd wager, and almost without exception they/we think he's a nut job.

If making/believing in these broad generalizations makes the complex world easier for your simple intellect to grasp, more power to you. I'm sure you have more important things to spend your time on than exploring and researching your beliefs and prejudices.

I wasn't stopping at Christians alone Eric, I included other types of "thinking" there as well. Obviously though, not all of them believe what the dork says. Sadly though, most people believe he has a valid message that is worthy of being in the "news" because he "represents" a valid perspective. You must have read recently didn't you that like 25% of the American public believe "Jesus will return to Earth" this year '07. So my beliefs and prejudices are likely not that far off, if at all.

So do YOU think Jesus will come back to Earth this year? Just curious.. And if so, then why bother caring for environment etc (or solving any number of other problems we face), in the face of Armageddon? If big daddy controls our fate, then why bother doing anything? Now you can see why I hold on to my so called "beliefs and prejudices".

This kind of thinking -or lack there of- will be the end of humanity. People (human beings) will likely die out because they are basically just smart enough to kill themselves, and too stupid to save themselves. Ok, I admit to some amount of cynicism here. But its 2007 and we still have greed and mass over consumption by the few with the means, mass poverty and malnutrition, classism and vast inequity of wealth and freedoms across the world, imperialism and tyranny, mass brainwashing/indoctrination and strangely, an obsession with both security & self victimization, along with a love of and fascination with death and violence as a means to an end. Add to that an almost complete lack of concern for our environment and I think a little cynicism is warranted.

I always have hope though, I think we could begin to save ourselves by rejecting religion (most importantly, rejecting religion as an institution) and embracing critical thinking and science as a basis for human culture (at least ones personal culture for starters). We could teach the logical and rational basis for ethics, compassion, equality, etc. We could "indoctrinate" our kids to value knowledge intelligence and logic and to be sceptical of beliefs. We could teach them the importance of creativity, openmindedness, and how to adapt and consider the whole as opposed to "their own". We could teach them how small causes and personal decisions may result in very big and lasting effects. We could teach them to be self sufficient AND responsible to others and that this is the best hope for all of our survival.

Just throwing out a few ideas. As long as evangelicals or whoever have most of these as their foundational values I personally have no urgent problem with them.

to me when this guy talks i hear bushies. i am however concerned by his speech. you gotta believe the reps and bushies wont give up power easily.

they'll renovate another downtown if they have to. fear sells real well at election time.remember '04. the war with terror is about to begin.

spirituality is man's only hope. until we can elect true spiritual leaders, very little will change. this nation had a great start because of jefferson. a true spiritual person. religion is a map to spirituality. religions get diluted and abused by lesser humans. .spirituality never ages.it always has 'the right answer'.

...spirituality is man's only hope...religion is a map to spirituality. religions get diluted and abused by lesser humans...spirituality never ages...it always has 'the right answer'.

:lmao:

I'm hoping Shrub will pardon this guy so he can make a run for the White House. Now that would be fun to watch.

jbakker.jpg