Marble Canyon???

With the forecast looking less than wonderful (the weather forecast) I'm thinking of adventuring off to the hopefully warm and dry side of the coast range.

Any first hand experience in Marble Canyon? Worthy of a roadtrip or scary choss pile? Thanks for the beta.

Darin

[ 07-01-2002, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: dberdinka ]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan did you get suckered by the 5.9 bolts to nowhere right of Sol Direct at the start?

Darin the Rock at Marble Canyon is good in many places. There is lotas of choss butthe best climbs avoid it. If you have ever climbed in the Rockies you will find it similar. It is a great place to visit in Spring and Fall. It can be scary hot in summer, like after 2PM you are screwed.

Marble Canyon as once described to me as a "girlfriend area" in that it is the type of place you and your girlfriend could have a great 2 days of climbing together, but you'd be bored if you went on a week long roadtrip there.

You know it realy bothers me that it is so common for men to talk about women climbers like that. i get that alot of women only climb with their boyfriends, and then just untill they get married or whatever... But I am not like that, and it bothers me that "girlfriend area" is a common term, and that people know what you mean. [Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes][Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

But unlike Squamish, Marble canyon is Romantic !!

hey; i beg to differ! what's not romantic about squamish?
[Wink]
eau de pulp mill and slugs crawling into your sleeping bag with you