Question!

strumpett

jay b .

their personal convictions over medical facts that have been established beyond all doubt?

common sense and indisputable medical fact are another.

YOU dont know that. long term studies on the effects of various vaccines on humans have not been completed yet.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you all feel about parents who do refuse to treat their children's life threatening medical conditions, like diabetes, because they've elevated their personal convictions over medical facts that have been established beyond all doubt?

I feel that is wrong.

I also feel vaccinations have nothing to do with the problem listed above.

jay b .
their personal convictions over medical facts that have been established beyond all doubt?

YOU dont know that. long term studies on the effects of various vaccines on humans have not been completed yet.

long term studies of death from disease sure have

jay b .

You... you are coming very close to just arbitrarily saying stuff. A random sentence generator.

Ritalin is one thing, vaccination is another. Critical thinking about debatable benefits when the data is preliminary and ambiguous is one thing, irrational delusions that fly in the face of both common sense and indisputable medical fact are another.

I think that you owe it to your child to make sure you understand those indisputable medical facts, and that you can weigh the risks and benefits yourself before making the decision to go forward with any particular treatment. I'm not saying that you shouldn't put a cast on a broken arm, or treat cancer with the amazing drugs that are coming out. I'm just saying that you have a responsibility as a parent to know the medical facts about those drugs. Especially when, like in most cases, those fact are disputable.

I think that you owe it to your child to make sure you understand those indisputable medical facts, and that you can weigh the risks and benefits yourself before making the decision to go forward with any particular treatment. I'm not saying that you shouldn't put a cast on a broken arm, or treat cancer with the amazing drugs that are coming out. I'm just saying that you have a responsibility as a parent to know the medical facts about those drugs. Especially when, like in most cases, those fact are disputable.

:tup:

Notice he said "medical facts" not "unproven anecdotal evidence you pick up from some random internet site run by someone not an expert in medicine and clinical studies"

Although if you are looking for climbing advice, look no further than CC.com.

Ritalin is one thing, vaccination is another. Critical thinking about debatable benefits when the data is preliminary and ambiguous is one thing, irrational delusions that fly in the face of both common sense and indisputable medical fact are another.

I agree with most of what you've said, but in those cases when it's not clear what the best medical decision is - and this is most assuredly not the case with regards to vaccination - the responsible thing to do is seek a second or third opinion from someone who has the qualifications necessary to make an informed decision. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

I would venture that Strumpet can get 456 opinions from pediatricians, and not one of them will support her decision. I also think that her children should be barred from public schools - this includes universities - until the time that they are vaccinated.

Jay, I think you are right on that. And by the way, I myself made an informed decision to have all three of my sons vaccinated. I've also donated my own time and money to eradicating polio through my Rotary club. I hope Strumpette will come to the same conclusion.

thats like asking opinions from 456 republicans, not really usefull!

you need advice from 'different' sources to get a picture.few reps,few dems.lots greens, type of thing.

Totally! It's like how when you want to know how to fix your car you should talk to some horticulturists. It's good to get opinions from people who don't know what they're talking about, in addition to those who do.

strumpett-- i am not going to open the "why" or "why not" vaccinate can of worms. as a parent and someone working in research related to vaccines, I can not endorse your failure to vaccinate.
However if it's for religious reasons they'd be happy to open that can, chew them up, and crap them out all over you.
Please use stall 140 this time.

thats like asking opinions from 456 republicans, not really usefull!

you need advice from 'different' sources to get a picture.few reps,few dems.lots greens, type of thing.

Totally! It's like how when you want to know how to fix your car you should talk to some horticulturists. It's good to get opinions from people who don't know what they're talking about, in addition to those who do.

no you DUMB FUCK! from other QUALIFIED sources.

not vaccinating you kid is like not paying your taxes because you don't like the current government. It's not all about your child, it's about the society. We'd still have polio and smallpox if people were so selfish.

It bet you'd say your baby was old enough for a needle if it was full of antibiotics to save it's life from whatever you didn't vaccinate it from.

Although disturbing and creepy, breastfeeding your kid until it's 3 is very healthy for the child.

It is also a great form of birth contol. As long as you are lactating, your chances of getting pregnant are lower.

Also, after three years of milking your tits will be so saggy that ain't no one gonna fuck you.

Its a long term plan, really.

Notice he said "medical facts" not "unproven anecdotal evidence you pick up from some random internet site run by someone not an expert in medicine and clinical studies"

Although if you are looking for climbing advice, look no further than CC.com.

And of course good speculation. :laf: