(TR) North Face of Chair Peak 12-28-06

freefall

Not much into typing TR's quick stats then a link to a youtube video:

Time of departure 0600, 3 hr snowshoe approach lots of fresh powder even with snowshoes, ankle to knee deep. We ditched snowshoes at the final headwall (minimize backtracking from descent). 1 hour postholing uphill to Col then to base of climb. Snow conditions seemed super stable. We dug no pits but no sign or sound of collapsing snow pack, we witnessed no slides of any size while out there, no sign of unstability while moving through it. Roped up at 10:00 a.m.; 4 pitches to summit toped out at 4:00 p.m.. No drama on the route. I've never been to Chair before but the route seemed "in" Gear was small screws, pins, small to med. Cams, light nut rack. Climbing was interesting not a whole lot of gear but if your comfortable on that kind of climb then definiately a star route in my book. Lastly 2 hours from summit (2 rappels plus some down climbing) back to the car by 6:00 p.m.

Any specific questions on the route hit me with a PM. Not much into giving a blow by blow anaylisis.

Link to video.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic