Dru? - Wall by Silver Lake??

Stefan

Thanks for the info on the wall. It looks huge to me.

We climbed the gully on the SW side of the North Hozomeen peak. It was filled with snow. We planned to do the South Hozomeen the next day, but motivation was a factor.... We camped at about 5000 feet up there.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Stefan:

Thanks for the info on the wall. It looks huge to me.

We climbed the gully on the SW side of the North Hozomeen peak. It was filled with snow. We planned to do the South Hozomeen the next day, but motivation was a factor.... We camped at about 5000 feet up there.

Well it aint as huge as it looks... when you see it from Isolillock, looking across,its maybe 400m.. that would be 7 pitches or so i guess, probably less than 10 anyways... there are bigger walls with shorter approaches left unclimbed...

except maybe for that rap in......... [Wink]

I did North Hozomeen this last weekend.

As we were driving back up the LONG gravel road we noticed a VERY big wall up high just NE of Silver Lake I believe. Yosemite-like. It looks like a bitch to get to.

Does this wall have a name?

hey what route did you climb on hozomeen?

Those walls are called "Silver Lake Bluffs" ( w face of Mt. Wells subpeak). See Fairley guide. Culbert et al did a 'central nose' in the late 60s or early 70s. Mixed Culbert 4th and Culbert 5th class (so probably 5.8). Chris Atkinson former Bugaboos Park Ranger, soloed some aid routes there in the late 80s or early 90s. The bitch is a 3 hr vertical bushwack to get there or you could drive up the Hope Mtn logging road and rap in.