Arcteryx cheap

John Frieh

Basically there is a new gore-tex that is going to replace XCR in the fall of 2007 so all XCR jackets need to go... this sale is being put on by a company the reps for Arcteryx in the NW.

Might be a good chance to get some dead bird cheap.

No I don't know what they will have on hand

Make sure to say hi to Jenna if you swing by :wave:

sample_sale.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm testing the new gore-tex and I actually like it. Climbed w/it all day in wet sloppy snow, and the jacket wasn't even damp. The best part was when the sun occasionally peaked out and roasted, I didn't overheat any more than w/just my driclime by itself.

Lets face it Mike, you would have failed without Proshell.

" The next generation of Power Shield isn't the only excitement in the Arc'teryx pipeline. It also has teamed up with W.L. Gore this season to launch a new, three-layer version of Gore-Tex.

The new product, called Proshell, has a “microgrid” back made of a nylon stretch weave that is more durable, lighter and more supple than GoreTex's former tricot back. “It often makes [the garment] more abrasion resistant on the inside and just [lighter] overall, which is key for outdoor enthusiasts,” Holding says.

Proshell will be in Arc'teryx garments that hit the shelves in August, but Arc'teryx already is showing samples to its customers.

Arc'teryx has found Gore's new product branding and in-store signage a tad too mass market in its approach, says Holding, and so Arc'teryx is working to customize a branding message that conveys the key points about its use of the new fabric.

“We're not only saying it's Gore-Tex, we're saying our Gore-Tex is better than everybody else's,” he says. "

So exciting! Throw away your old gear now!

"Arcteryx Cheap"??? Sounds like "Military Intelligence".

When I consider the longevity, then my dead bird gear has some of the best ROI. It does hurt to pony up for it in the first place, but it's worthwhile in the end, IMO.