[TR] Mt Hood - Reid HW 12/31/2006

Alex_Mineev

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your pictures remind me of when I went up that route in feb a few years ago. Lots of ice chunks and a good wind to send them down on my head. Good times :) Would've liked to have a nice soft filling for skiing, but no luck. A good climb at least.

Thanks for the photos. Looks like there's less snow than if feb 2004.

JasonClimb.jpg

Pete is another story :(

Pete is good, but complicated. We all are - to the point when we don't understand ourselves. I think this topic doesn't belong to this TR

Felt I had to chim in on my actions here. Sometimes the little voice inside is positive and instills confidence, excitement and focus, but sometimes it speaks another language.

Oleg, Alex and I planned on climbing the Reid together, but as we approched I-saddle the little voice was speaking in forked tongue. At the saddle I told Oleg (he and I are friends, I just met Alex) that I was going to head up another route solo. Hence, I was down to the car and bar hours before they did. For me, operating solo on easy terrain, provides an oppertunity to sort things out that are traversing the synapses.

• 2 weeks later...