Silvretta 404 binding adjustment

bcollins

Skiing Volkl Mountain 170's, Garmont AT boots, I'm 170 #'s, 6 ft. tall.

Silvretta 404 AT bindings

Basically what's the sequence for setting these bindings? Adjust

heelplate fwd/bkd with pink rotating lever THEN heel and lateral

release settings?? My boots are Mondo 28's. I'm skiing 80% BC and 20% lift served.

Thanks, Barry

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you are correct - adjust to size first (using the lever) then set the DIN on the heel and footplate. You want to make sure the DIN is the same on the foot as well as heel. I prefer to get them as tight as possible so I have to practically crank them on. Likewise I like a tighter DIN because if the DIN is set to medium or low the footplate moves when you're trying to click in the heel piece.

In all honesty I have never felt like my boots are tight in these bindings. They're great for my climbing boots but I feel like my feet wiggle around ever so slightly when i try and use my Lasers with them.

You're not alone with the wiggle. :moondance:

404s are just not performance bindings and that's just it. I don't ever expect any precesion turning with them, but I do avoid the trees so they must do the job.

As for DIN, go higher up but not too high. No AT binding will release as safely as a downhill binding, a sacrifice in their usefulness.

I've not noticed the wiggle. However the one set of boards that I have 404's on are the ones that get used for approach ski's and I have never approached without out also wearing climbing boots.

When you are not wearing enough boot weather or not they wiggle is the bottom of the list. I still like the versitility of wearing whatever I want for boots.