Boskoff-Fowler SAR Fund - fundraising event

erden

cbcf.jpg

Mountain Madness is hosting a fundraising event on January 4th between 5:30-7:30 pm at Seattle REI for the Boskoff-Fowler Search and Rescue Fund. D a n Mazur, NOLS and area companies are involved to make this event successful.

As Around-n-Over, we are helping Mountain Madness in this fundraising effort since 12-30-2006, hence all donations since then are tax-deductible. All funds raised will be used specifically to defray costs related to the search and rescue effort. Any surplus funds will be used to honor the legacy of Christine Boskoff and Charlie Fowler at the discretion of the Mountain Madness Board of Directors.

Please consider contributing to this fund and attending the January 4th event.

Thank you.

Erden.

Edited by erden

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be missed. Christine was an amazing person that I'm fortunate to have known. Charlie was the quiet mountain man that I met a few times and left an impact with me.

Both left us too early and I'll carry fond memories for the rest of my life.

Craig

Mountain Madness will be hosting an open to the public event to celebrate the life of Christine Boskoff and raise funds to help cover the costs incurred for the search and recovery efforts to find her in China. Below is a rough outline of the event schedule. I will be speaking at this event. I hope you may be able to join us and taking a brief moment to celebrate Christine’s life and accomplishments.

Sincerely,

CJ Favour

Thursday, January 4, 2007

5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

REI

5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Reception

6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Dan Mazur – The thrill and complexity of scaling mountains in high altitudes. Video of amazing peaks as backdrop.

6:30 – 6:50 p.m. Shannon, CJ, Jane, Theresa talks about Christine.

for each person to share uplifting memories of Chris and her spirit

and friendship.

6:50 – 7:05 p.m. Dave & Mark to address group about the search and recovery effort – news

clips, need for funds and where the funds go, coordination efforts between countries, etc.

7:05 – 7:10 p.m. Video thank you from Chris’ family and from Charlie’s family

7:10 – 7:15 p.m. Final ask for funds and importance of raising funds to continue the

Recovery effort to bring Chris home

7:15 – 7:30 p.m. Wrap up and thank you – run videos if any, of Chris (I believe there is a Travel Channel piece.