Boskoff Fowler upcoming event

dmuja

I found this and posted here 'cause I didn't want to bump Wayne & Erden's "Solo Adventure.." off the front page of the forum list. Hope thats acceptable, but feel free to move it if you must mods.

--

From --> http://www.mountainmadness.com/news/cbcf.cfm

A Celebration of Two Lives Well Lived

Mountain Madness is hosting an event next Thursday, Jan. 4, 2007 at REI's flagship store in Seattle, WA to celebrate the adventurous lives of Christine Boskoff and Charlie Fowler. The event will also raise funds for the continued recovery effort of Chris. The search effort has been tentatively called off due to weather, but will continue once conditions improve. Olympia-based climbing guide Dan Mazur, who was part of the party that gave up their own ascent to Mount Everest to help a stranded Australian climber, will speak at the event. REI is donating the facilities, and there will be product giveaways donated by National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) and area companies to help raise additional funds for the search and recovery effort. Mountain Madness is donating a trip and courses. The general public is invited...

--

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate your consideration. I believe that the January 4th fundraising event that Mountain Madness is hosting at Seattle REI for the Boskoff-Fowler Search and Rescue Fund is important.

For that reason, I have added an event posting to the Events forum.

As Around-n-Over, we are helping Mountain Madness in this fundraising effort since 12-30-2006, hence all donations since then are tax-deductible. All funds raised will be used specifically to defray costs related to the search and rescue effort. Any surplus funds will be used to honor the legacy of Christine Boskoff and Charlie Fowler at the discretion of the Mountain Madness Board of Directors.

Please consider contributing to this fund and attending the January 4th event.

Thank you.

Erden.

Thursday, January 4, 2007

5:30 – 7:30 p.m.

REI

5:30 – 6:00 p.m. Reception

6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Dan Mazur – The thrill and complexity of scaling mountains in high altitudes. Video of amazing peaks as backdrop.

6:30 – 6:50 p.m. Shannon, CJ, Jane, Theresa talks about Christine.

for each person to share uplifting memories of Chris and her spirit and friendship.

6:50 – 7:05 p.m. Dave & Mark to address group about the search and recovery effort – news clips, need for funds and where the funds go, coordination efforts between countries, etc.

7:05 – 7:10 p.m. Video thank you from Chris’ family and from Charlie’s family

7:10 – 7:15 p.m. Final ask for funds and importance of raising funds to continue the Recovery effort to bring Chris home

7:15 – 7:30 p.m. Wrap up and thank you – run videos if any, of Chris (I believe there is a Travel Channel piece.