Dechristo

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You have a lot of info that no one remembers."

thanks to "the internets"

"To divide us into colored states is an artifice to manipulate us."

no doubt. Divide and conquer. The conflict is not the false one of liberal/conservative manufactured by the wealthy elite's propaganda. It's class warfare, the rich and the poor. It's being waged by the rich, it just takes a while before the sheeple wake up.

"I hope the CIA does not cut my rope!"

the internets are huge, you're lost in the noise. the only people who get hit are at the top audience wise. Less audience than Colbert or Olbermann your safe.

"You have a lot of info that no one remembers."

thanks to "the internets"

"To divide us into colored states is an artifice to manipulate us."

no doubt. Divide and conquer. The conflict is not the false one of liberal/conservative manufactured by the wealthy elite's propaganda. It's class warfare, the rich and the poor. It's being waged by the rich, it just takes a while before the sheeple wake up.

"I hope the CIA does not cut my rope!"

the internets are huge, you're lost in the noise. the only people who get hit are at the top audience wise. Less audience than Colbert or Olbermann your safe.

I agree it is class warfare (on the sly). It seems to me that the people who can least afford to loose in this are the folks who describe themselves as "RED State" people. They seem to be fooled by this propaganda and culture war stuff. And it's always some poor guy with a rusted buick on the front lawn voting for these guys. I wonder if they realize that their vote really benefits someone much richer than they.

I also think "blue state" people also get manipulated by the same elite in "blue garb".

could you please keep posts to one line snappy quips

Thes long winded arguing gets nobody anywhere. No one is willing to concede so lets just have some fun.

Jebus Christ people

one of the most sensible things i've ever read on the mudda-fawk'n interweb (ya gotta say it outloud for the full effect)

Reading through this thread, I couldn't help but be reminded of a tome that I read about a dozen years ago:

0674654617.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056464411_.jpg

Selected Quotes:

"American politics has often been an arena for angry minds. In recent years we have seen angry minds at work mainly among extreme right-wingers, who have now demonstrated in the Goldwater movement how much political leverage can be got out of the animosities and passions of a small minority. But behind this I believe there is a style of mind that is far from new and that is not necessarily right-wing. I call it the paranoid style simply because no other word adequately evokes the sense of heated exaggeration, suspiciousness, and conspiratorial fantasy that I have in mind."

"The enemy is clearly delineated: he is a perfect model of malice, a kind of amoral superman—sinister, ubiquitous, powerful, cruel, sensual, luxury-loving. Unlike the rest of us, the enemy is not caught in the toils of the vast mechanism of history, himself a victim of his past, his desires, his limitations. He wills, indeed he manufactures, the mechanism of history, or tries to deflect the normal course of history in an evil way. He makes crises, starts runs on banks, causes depressions, manufactures disasters, and then enjoys and profits from the misery he has produced. The paranoid’s interpretation of history is distinctly personal: decisive events are not taken as part of the stream of history, but as the consequences of someone’s will. Very often the enemy is held to possess some especially effective source of power: he controls the press; he has unlimited funds; he has a new secret for influencing the mind; he has a special technique for seduction."

Hey, I guess I'm not the only one that's noticed this trend:

"Hofstadter argued that the paranoid style “has more to do with the way in which ideas are believed than with the truth or falsity of their content”. The problem for America's left is not the lack of justified complaints about Mr Bush. It is that their paranoid style—with its propensity to exaggeration and conspiracy-mongering and its inability to distinguish between justified complaints and hysteria—means that their cries are seldom listened to except by people who suffer from the same affliction. Which is sometimes a pity."

http://www.economist.com/research/backgrounders/displaystory.cfm?story_id=5359801

That the world is more accident and screw up than deliberate and calculated.

Well there goes the intelligent design theory.

Shit, if I were intelligently designed, I would not have a fucking cold right now.

Wait, maybe the cold virus was a BETTER design.....hmmmmmm