Saddam Stretched

Dechristo

we havent had a real enemy since ww2.

unfortunately for us,somebody ,somewhere decided this would be a good time for us to go for the whole planet.

once you make billions a year in arms sales, it takes superhuman restraint to give that up and diversify . not there yet.

so now the enemy is terror. fucking beautifull !. brilliant like adolph. a few planes,

you just pop a few k's of plastic here and around the planet ,blame the beige guys and voila ,you got your indefinite enemy.

the 50 year war.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to side with Virendra on this one.

Since the advent of the atom bomb war is just a racket (well even before). The recent wars in the middle east have been fought for oil.

Saddam is a warmonger, just like bush cheney rummy et al. But he did hold warring factions together by force in relative peace. Before the Iraq Iran war Iraq was the most progressive of the Arab states with the best education, the highest standard of living and the least economic disparity. Their reading level rivaled that of the US.

Saddam was installed by the CIA to control an oil rich region. The CIA is just the police arm of the wealthy elites. Saddam strayed from the reservation when he wouldn't cooperate with the wealthy elites (oil companies). (Oil companies are the richest on the planet.) Saddam's first time was his war with Kuwait. He was manipulating the oil market so bush 1 decided to reign him in by tricking him into attacking Kuwait. The Iraq atrocities incubator babies was a PR fabrication created by Hillton/Knowles a huge US PR firm to get the US behind the war. The PR cost's were paid by Kuwait and the bushies. The "nurse" who gave testimony before congress was the daughter of the Kuwati ambassador. This all was later admitted on TV by James Baker.

Saddam's second infraction was in 1999 when he converted all his oil dollars to Euros. The dollar dominates the world monetary market so if the Saudis had followed this would be a huge blow. (And BTW Cheney's Halliburton was selling to Saddam during the 90's embargo and has also dealt with Iran during their embargo.) What's the first thing that happened after "shock and awe"? Well besides securing the oil field's, Iraq's oil Euros were quietly converted back to dollars. So the second gulf war is for control of the world money exchange, control of the second largest oil reserves, and unfettered military spending. WMD's and fighting "terror" is just the propaganda reason.

One other thing, during the first gulf war bush 1 installed US military bases near the holy lands in Saudi. This was Bin Ladens number one gripe. Get you soldiers off our holy lands. What was the first thing that happened AFTER gulf war 2 started? Bush jr. removed those bases from Saudi holy lands. Giving Osama exactly what he wanted. (in exchange for playing a good patsy?) This was right after they "failed" to catch Osama when they had him surrounded at Tora Bora.

Just think about it. Cheney has control of our military actions IE no bid contracts and also is connected to a company that gets those contracts. The defense industry gets paid to blow everything up and then Halliburton gets paid to rebuild (which never really happens). Then the oil companies cash in because they are getting un-metered oil from Iraq and also are controlling supply. Why do you think the barrel price has skyrocketed? And the bush/cheney/rummy warmongers are connected to ALL these companies.

By sheer numbers the bush cabal makes Saddam look like a piker. Saddam killed about 30,000 Iraqis over a span of 20 years. By some estimates bushies war has already killed 650,000 Iraqis in just 3 years. And the CIA has killed an estimated 7 million since it's inception, mostly overthrowing democracies and installing dictators. Wealthy elite companies can't make as much profit with a democracy.

Saddam's trial was a total sham. And not positive but think it was against the Geneva conventions which say no trials in a war zone. Of course the Geneva conventions were put in place to counteract Nazi atrocities, why do you think the bush cabal disregards them? And bushie's grandfather Prescott ran the biggest US bank that bankrolled Hitler up until one year after we declared war. But the trial had to be that way because if Saddam had been tried at the Haige he would have implicated the bush cabal big time because they've been connected for so long. A big time warmonger/killer executing a smalltime warmonger/killer. When we attacked Iraq the second time his army was ranked 40th in the world with a 1.2Bil defense budget compared to the US 450Bil. Whoo hoo, some victory bushie boy. Like Mike Tyson against a blind quadriplegic aids victim. Of course the guerrilla has bit them in the butt, but the military industrial complex wanted it that way, a low level war not fought to win (ie nukes), just like Vietnam, means more long term profit.

And the timing of the hanging, just to foment the ongoing profit center war. Just like Abu Graibe. How do you think they allowed photos and vids to be taken in a secure area and then those photos all released to the mainstream media? Unless it was intentional? If you look closely the Iraqis were not fighting before this, it took this event to set them off.

And the mainstream media, what a joke, the propaganda arm of the wealthy elites. All you sheeple bow down to the TV. 90 percent of Americans get their "news" from the TV. In the last 20 years the ownership of 90 percent of the mainstream corporate media has gone from 50 companies to only 5. Consolidation means easier control. Now Cheney only has to know 5 people to control everything that the sheeple "know" about "whuts up."

You could look at the Israeli connection also with all the dual citizen"crazies" at the defense department, wolfy, et al and the PNAC. Their plan was for an expanded Israel power through US wars helped on by the Israeli lobby. I think rummy the neo-nazi corporate neo-fascist has buggered that for them on the sly. Because now Iraq is sliding into the Iran muslim theocratic state.

America the killers. The genocide of the Native Americans was one of the most successful in the planets history. Before WW2 Hitler sent emissaries over here to study how we did it. And Prescott went to Oklahoma and dug up Geronimo's-skull and had it on display in the Skull-and-Bones crypt. It's the hypocrisy, the killers killing Saddam because he's a killer, LOL.

There is only one bright side to all the death. In my senior year in HS in the 70's I studied environmental science. Even back then it was a given that the earth can't support the current population boom of man. It's an artificially contrived number allowed by petroleum farming and the environment can't sustain it for a number of reasons. In that class we studied animal populations that overgrew their environment. The graph always leads to a crash in numbers. Aids and these wars are just a sign of a curtailment of man's numbers. While it may be a dark bright side it is also a necessary one for the planet's survival. I give about 10 percent of my net earnings to environmental causes. Man doesn't need any help directly but the earth does to ensure man's continued existence.

I like your thoughts--thanks for posting them.

I think that the recent wars in the middle east are not all only for oil, but also for religion and ideology. I think Iraq was not the only progressive nation--Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are a couple of obvious candidates for that title as well. Some of the smaller nations in the area were (and are) also progressive.

My hat is off to you for supporting your beliefs so strongly.

I don't think the current war in Iraq is just for oil, either, although that certainly plays a part (no surprise, we've had the same militarized Middle Eastern policy in various forms since Nixon and the Shah). I think some of the Bush crowd, particularly the 'thought leaders' like Wolfie, actually believed the whole wave of democracy thing would stabilize the region. Guys like Wolfie, the primary architect of both Gulf war I and II, are academic idealists. Classical activist liberals, really. They couldn't give a rip about oil; they don't have their fingers in the pie like Cheney et al. They provide the foresight (not exactly 20/20), ideas, and long term planning and leave the actual execution to asset stripping politcos like Bush and Cheney, who continually have their industrial pals' cocks in their mouths.

Never underestimate the power of the Big Idea. Going after somebody else's oil isn't sexy. Countering threats, particularly in the form of a big, bad, blowhard dictator like Saddam, is sexy. Bringing democracy to the oppressed Middle East and ending the cycle of violence there is very sexy. Who wouldn't want their name in the history books for pulling that off? And sure enough, that's the progression of justifications, delivered in that order (minus the 'let's get some oil' part) to the American public by this administration.

Big Ideas always cost a lot of other people's money, which is usually spent rapidly in an environment of total chaos, because Big Ideas are more often than not Big Stupid Fucking Ideas that create a mess. It's the Enron strategy. Once the money starts flying around, and boy does it fly when there's a war on, the Enronites of the world are well practiced at holding up their great big catchers mits to grab all they can.

In summary, I don't think it's as simple as 'we're going for the oil', or 'war makes money for your pals'. That shorts the power of the Big Idea driving these kinds of fiascos, which, in my opinion, is always present and earnestly believed by much of the country and some of its leaders.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

President Merkin Muffley: You mean people could actually stay down there for a hundred years?

Dr. Strangelove: It would not be difficult, Mein Fuhrer. Nuclear reactors could... I'm sorry, Mr. President... nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely.

General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

""My hat is off to you for supporting your beliefs so strongly.""

thnks for everones kind words, givin up the soap box after this.

man needs air to breath, the plants create that atmosphere. The destruction of animals is a potential precursor of the destruction of plants.

Currently we are in the middle of a species die-off at a estimated rate of between 15,000 to 100,000 species per year. Dr. Leaky wrote a paper on this. Through the earths eons there have been 5 such die-offs. The only difference between then and now is the conditions conducive to species recovery are worse this time. The same things that kill animals kill plants. If we don't do something on our own we will probably get our own die-off.

That's why the Christian church is so wrong, no birth control is a mantra for ancient times when man's existence was insecure. The opposite is true now. And don't think Islam is too much better on this.

And the population of the 1st world is more critical than the 3rd because that's where more destruction emanates. You would think though that's where the best chance of correction would also come from. There is a glimmer of encouragement here in that 1st world numbers peaked in the mid 70's. Although looking at China it's a problem that still needs address. And McDonald's has stopped growing also, one of the prime mother nature rapers. Good reason to be at least a partial vegan. If everyone on the planet had a big mac and a car, we'd all be dead tomorrow.

I agree that the developed world population is important to control. But I understand that we are already not reproducing fast enough to even replace ourselves. Didn't the US growth mostly occur as a result of immigration?

US population growth rate is .9%, so we are definitely getting more crowded. About a third of that is immigration.

The worlds population growth rate is 1.14%. At that rate, we increase population by a billion people every decade. Given unlimited resources, the world's population will level off naturally at a stable 10 or so billion people.

Given our current climate issues, it's pretty clear that the earth is overpopulated right now, and that a goal of real population decline would be a really good idea.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Since the advent of the atom bomb war is just a racket (well even before). The recent wars in the middle east have been fought for oil.

Saddam is a warmonger, just like bush cheney rummy et al. But he did hold warring factions together by force in relative peace. Before the Iraq Iran war Iraq was the most progressive of the Arab states with the best education, the highest standard of living and the least economic disparity. Their reading level rivaled that of the US.

Saddam was installed by the CIA to control an oil rich region. The CIA is just the police arm of the wealthy elites. Saddam strayed from the reservation when he wouldn't cooperate with the wealthy elites (oil companies). (Oil companies are the richest on the planet.) Saddam's first time was his war with Kuwait. He was manipulating the oil market so bush 1 decided to reign him in by tricking him into attacking Kuwait. The Iraq atrocities incubator babies was a PR fabrication created by Hillton/Knowles a huge US PR firm to get the US behind the war. The PR cost's were paid by Kuwait and the bushies. The "nurse" who gave testimony before congress was the daughter of the Kuwati ambassador. This all was later admitted on TV by James Baker.

Saddam's second infraction was in 1999 when he converted all his oil dollars to Euros. The dollar dominates the world monetary market so if the Saudis had followed this would be a huge blow. (And BTW Cheney's Halliburton was selling to Saddam during the 90's embargo and has also dealt with Iran during their embargo.) What's the first thing that happened after "shock and awe"? Well besides securing the oil field's, Iraq's oil Euros were quietly converted back to dollars. So the second gulf war is for control of the world money exchange, control of the second largest oil reserves, and unfettered military spending. WMD's and fighting "terror" is just the propaganda reason.

One other thing, during the first gulf war bush 1 installed US military bases near the holy lands in Saudi. This was Bin Ladens number one gripe. Get you soldiers off our holy lands. What was the first thing that happened AFTER gulf war 2 started? Bush jr. removed those bases from Saudi holy lands. Giving Osama exactly what he wanted. (in exchange for playing a good patsy?) This was right after they "failed" to catch Osama when they had him surrounded at Tora Bora.

Just think about it. Cheney has control of our military actions IE no bid contracts and also is connected to a company that gets those contracts. The defense industry gets paid to blow everything up and then Halliburton gets paid to rebuild (which never really happens). Then the oil companies cash in because they are getting un-metered oil from Iraq and also are controlling supply. Why do you think the barrel price has skyrocketed? And the bush/cheney/rummy warmongers are connected to ALL these companies.

By sheer numbers the bush cabal makes Saddam look like a piker. Saddam killed about 30,000 Iraqis over a span of 20 years. By some estimates bushies war has already killed 650,000 Iraqis in just 3 years. And the CIA has killed an estimated 7 million since it's inception, mostly overthrowing democracies and installing dictators. Wealthy elite companies can't make as much profit with a democracy.

Saddam's trial was a total sham. And not positive but think it was against the Geneva conventions which say no trials in a war zone. Of course the Geneva conventions were put in place to counteract Nazi atrocities, why do you think the bush cabal disregards them? And bushie's grandfather Prescott ran the biggest US bank that bankrolled Hitler up until one year after we declared war. But the trial had to be that way because if Saddam had been tried at the Haige he would have implicated the bush cabal big time because they've been connected for so long. A big time warmonger/killer executing a smalltime warmonger/killer. When we attacked Iraq the second time his army was ranked 40th in the world with a 1.2Bil defense budget compared to the US 450Bil. Whoo hoo, some victory bushie boy. Like Mike Tyson against a blind quadriplegic aids victim. Of course the guerrilla has bit them in the butt, but the military industrial complex wanted it that way, a low level war not fought to win (ie nukes), just like Vietnam, means more long term profit.

And the timing of the hanging, just to foment the ongoing profit center war. Just like Abu Graibe. How do you think they allowed photos and vids to be taken in a secure area and then those photos all released to the mainstream media? Unless it was intentional? If you look closely the Iraqis were not fighting before this, it took this event to set them off.

And the mainstream media, what a joke, the propaganda arm of the wealthy elites. All you sheeple bow down to the TV. 90 percent of Americans get their "news" from the TV. In the last 20 years the ownership of 90 percent of the mainstream corporate media has gone from 50 companies to only 5. Consolidation means easier control. Now Cheney only has to know 5 people to control everything that the sheeple "know" about "whuts up."

You could look at the Israeli connection also with all the dual citizen"crazies" at the defense department, wolfy, et al and the PNAC. Their plan was for an expanded Israel power through US wars helped on by the Israeli lobby. I think rummy the neo-nazi corporate neo-fascist has buggered that for them on the sly. Because now Iraq is sliding into the Iran muslim theocratic state.

America the killers. The genocide of the Native Americans was one of the most successful in the planets history. Before WW2 Hitler sent emissaries over here to study how we did it. And Prescott went to Oklahoma and dug up Geronimo's-skull and had it on display in the Skull-and-Bones crypt. It's the hypocrisy, the killers killing Saddam because he's a killer, LOL.

There is only one bright side to all the death. In my senior year in HS in the 70's I studied environmental science. Even back then it was a given that the earth can't support the current population boom of man. It's an artificially contrived number allowed by petroleum farming and the environment can't sustain it for a number of reasons. In that class we studied animal populations that overgrew their environment. The graph always leads to a crash in numbers. Aids and these wars are just a sign of a curtailment of man's numbers. While it may be a dark bright side it is also a necessary one for the planet's survival. I give about 10 percent of my net earnings to environmental causes. Man doesn't need any help directly but the earth does to ensure man's continued existence.

Well done.

You know,in the US, we always forget what we did 5, 10, 20 or more years ago. "The masses are asses". You have a lot of info that no one remembers. I guess we're too happy sucking down lattes and krispy cremes and buying chinese made DVD players to care.

We are manipulapulated in a cocoon of consumerist cush. We act as if there is no war going on. We go shopping and spending like there is no need for sacrifice. And we get divided into RED and BLUE states. Who the hell came up with that?. I don't want to be a RED or BLUE American, I want to be an American and have a spectrum of views and still want to help my fellow human instead of being at odds with one another. To divide us into colored states is an artifice to manipulate us.

I think the public woke up too late to this Iraq quagmire so we will be paying the bill to the tune of $8 BILLION per MONTH.

What that money could do to alleviate problems in our own country or even the world, if we so wished.

Looks like Iraq got fucked and our service people got fucked too. I was in the service, but I would not encourage anyone to join today. You're only defending corporations, not your friends and family anymore. And what the hell happened to Osama?

By the way, do you think the bush admin is watching this site for politically disgusted climbers? I hope the CIA does not cut my rope!

<<<>>>

Ok, so the UN reports that population growth is beginning to decline, with real numbers to start dropping significantly in 2015. Good news. Of course, I figure that this problem is a self-correcting one no matter what. When we reach the limit that the earth can support, we die. Personally, I believe in population control enough to have decided not to reproduce. I wish in my heart that all women in the world had the luxury of being able to make this decision for themselves.

There's my 0.02 FWIW

Well done.

You know,in the US, we always forget what we did 5, 10, 20 or more years ago. "The masses are asses". You have a lot of info that no one remembers. I guess we're too happy sucking down lattes and krispy cremes and buying chinese made DVD players to care.

We are manipulapulated in a cocoon of consumerist cush. We act as if there is no war going on. We go shopping and spending like there is no need for sacrifice. And we get divided into RED and BLUE states. Who the hell came up with that?. I don't want to be a RED or BLUE American, I want to be an American and have a spectrum of views and still want to help my fellow human instead of being at odds with one another. To divide us into colored states is an artifice to manipulate us.

I think the public woke up too late to this Iraq quagmire so we will be paying the bill to the tune of $8 BILLION per MONTH.

What that money could do to alleviate problems in our own country or even the world, if we so wished.

Looks like Iraq got fucked and our service people got fucked too. I was in the service, but I would not encourage anyone to join today. You're only defending corporations, not your friends and family anymore. And what the hell happened to Osama?

By the way, do you think the bush admin is watching this site for politically disgusted climbers? I hope the CIA does not cut my rope!

<<<>>>

Good rant--need more.

Ok, so the UN reports that population growth is beginning to decline, with real numbers to start dropping significantly in 2015. Good news. Of course, I figure that this problem is a self-correcting one no matter what. When we reach the limit that the earth can support, we die. Personally, I believe in population control enough to have decided not to reproduce. I wish in my heart that all women in the world had the luxury of being able to make this decision for themselves.

There's my 0.02 FWIW

All problems in nature are self correcting by definition. The problem is that, at our current population, without any growth, we will transform the earth into a climatic wasteland unless we depopulate, radically change our energy usage, or both.