Saddam Stretched

Dechristo

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sympathy but the trail and execution were more classic Iraq blunders and SNAFU. A leaked video of his executors taunting him before his hanging? A rushed appeal process? WTF - is the goal to plunge Iraq into more chaos then we see now?

PS - for a purely Iraqi view of the whole incident read this blog: http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com.

It's official. Maliki and his people are psychopaths. This really is a new low. It's outrageous- an execution during Eid. Muslims all over the world (with the exception of Iran) are outraged. Eid is a time of peace, of putting aside quarrels and anger- at least for the duration of Eid.

This does not bode well for the coming year. No one imagined the madmen would actually do it during a religious holiday. It is religiously unacceptable and before, it was constitutionally illegal. We thought we'd at least get a few days of peace and some time to enjoy the Eid holiday, which coincides with the New Year this year. We've spent the first two days of a holy holiday watching bits and pieces of a sordid lynching.

America the savior... After nearly four years and Bush's biggest achievement in Iraq has been a lynching. Bravo Americans.

Shut up Fairweather, you right-wing stiff. Bush was voted by the American Public as the most evil man in the world along with his cronies. They can die too if they are being lumped into the same boat with Saddam and the likes of Osama. To say that GW is worse than Osama and Saddam by a large margin? The AMerican People hate GW and all that he stands for. Me, personally, I just think the guy is a dumb ass tool who couldn't find his dick if it wasn't attached to him.....And as for Veindra, I agree with most of what he/she says. Fairweather, you are a dumbass...

Bite me, you little left-wing punk. If you had a single brain cell functioning without a thick coating of THC you would have been able to read the story you posted AND comprehend it. You'd also realize that the responses were so diluted as to render the survey meaningless. The same poll you post to convey Bush as "biggest villan" also lists him as "biggest hero" - but you missed that part. :rolleyes: Do yourself a favor: read what you post before you try and use it to bolster your idiotic, mob-rules bullshit. And congrats on joining V7 and Dr Flash Amasing in cc.com's "let's murder our leaders" ideological basement. I'll paste your article here so you can actually read it. Don't worry; it's really short and there aren't any big words:

AP-AOL News Poll Reveals: America Perplexed by George W. Bush

U.S. President Ranks as Top Villain and Top Hero of 2006

America in No Doubt of 2006’s Celebrity Role Models – Oprah Regaled as the Best; Britney Declared the Worst

DULLES, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new poll from The Associated Press and AOL News has discovered that Americans are torn in terms of their perception of President George W. Bush and his performance in 2006. When asked to name the past year’s biggest villain, Bush was far and away the #1 choice, commanding 25% of the vote, distantly trailed by Osama Bin Laden (8%), Saddam Hussein (6%), President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran (5%), North Korean leader Kim Jong II (2%) and Donald Rumsfeld (2%). Satan only took in 1% of the vote, as did Hugo Chavez, Tom Cruise, Dick Cheney, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Rosie O’Donnell, among others.

On the flipside, Bush also claimed the top spot when Americans were asked to name the year’s biggest hero, but with only a trifling 13% of the vote. The troops in Iraq came in second (6%), followed by Jesus Christ (3%), Barack Obama (3%), Oprah Winfrey (3%), and rock star/philanthropist Bono (2%). Other “do-gooders” of 2006, receiving 1% each, included luminaries, business leaders and politicos such as Warren Buffett, George Clooney, Bill Gates, Al Gore, Billy Graham, Angelina Jolie, Colin Powell, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Condoleeza Rice.

When it came to preferences by political affiliation, Democrats were much more aligned with their party line than Republicans. Bush was the choice of 43% of Democrats for villain of the year, a more impressive showing than the 27% of Republicans who chose Bush as their hero.

In contrast to Americans’ outlook on George W. Bush in 2006, they were much clearer about who to celebrate and who to “love to hate” when it comes to celebrities.

Oprah Winfrey was selected the best celebrity role model of the year, garnering 29% of the vote. Michael J. Fox came in a close second with 23%, followed by George Clooney (12%) and Angelina Jolie (8%).

Pop singer and gossip fodder favorite Britney Spears has the dubious honor of being named the year’s worst celebrity role model, with 29% citing her as a bad example. Her paparazzi-hounded pal Paris Hilton came in second (18%), followed by a notorious “who’s who” including Mel Gibson (12%), Tom Cruise (9%), Michael Richards (6%) and Nicole Richie (5%).

Methodology

The AP-AOL poll of 1,004 adults was conducted by telephone December 19-21, 2006 by Ipsos, an international public opinion research company. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points for all adults.

:lmao::lmao:

Priceless.... coming from an acid-dropping, 9/11 conspiracy spouting, wanna-murder-the-prez, self described pacifist like you who's never posted a trip report or contributed anything. Your world is upside down. Hell, about 90% of the participants on this site are upside down. It's no wonder you feel you've found a home here.

:lmao::lmao:

Priceless.... coming from an acid-dropping, 9/11 conspiracy spouting, wanna-murder-the-prez, self described pacifist who's never posted a trip report or contributed anything. Your world is upside down. Hell, about 90% of the participants on this site are upside down. It's no wonder you feel you've found a home here.

see now, my son, all you have added is only name calling. it all comes from me!

or what others have done or said. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

except what bush tells you to say.

your level of ' ruling party' brainwashing is reminiscent of the ol' ussr. its just sad.

No sympathy but the trail and execution were more classic Iraq blunders and SNAFU. A leaked video of his executors taunting him before his hanging? A rushed appeal process? WTF - is the goal to plunge Iraq into more chaos then we see now?

PS - for a purely Iraqi view of the whole incident read this blog: http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com.

It's official. Maliki and his people are psychopaths. This really is a new low. It's outrageous- an execution during Eid. Muslims all over the world (with the exception of Iran) are outraged. Eid is a time of peace, of putting aside quarrels and anger- at least for the duration of Eid.

This does not bode well for the coming year. No one imagined the madmen would actually do it during a religious holiday. It is religiously unacceptable and before, it was constitutionally illegal. We thought we'd at least get a few days of peace and some time to enjoy the Eid holiday, which coincides with the New Year this year. We've spent the first two days of a holy holiday watching bits and pieces of a sordid lynching.

America the savior... After nearly four years and Bush's biggest achievement in Iraq has been a lynching. Bravo Americans.

I agree that the timing was insensitive. However, I can't help but think of the many times various religious holidays have been broken by violence and war across many countries and many faiths. It is a bit of a double standard to say that Americans are so evil for doing the same thing.

And please don't jump to the conclusion that I think it was acceptable or that I think that just b/c one group does something unsavory that it is ok for others to do so. I am just making an observation here.

Even the Iraqi's are cheering.

of course that's what we are going to show in ' our' media.

maybe the ones we paid. anyway they're not cheering for us

75% want us out

66% feel they are worst off than with mr.hussein

No shit they aren't cheering for us asswipe--that is a different conversation altogether.

And as for the news story: Iraqi news shows them pretty happy with the lynching as well. A little quote from al Jazeera :

In Sadr City, a Shia area of Baghdad, people danced in the streets while others fired guns in the air to celebrate the former leader's death.

You can read all you want here:

http://www.world-newspapers.com/iraq.html

My rightousness?

I have no feelings one way or another about killing Saddam.

I do have feelings for the people who had to live through his reign. When the majority of what I have read says that the folks who had to live with him as thier dictator are happy that he's dead; well, I take that into consideration when reading the comments here in Spray and adding my own.