NEW THREAD..WITHOUT SEAHAWK.

kevbone

This is where you post your thoughts on anything that has to do with the tragic loss on Mt. Hood. Without Seahawk.

Its always hits home hard when there is death in our sport, especially when it is local. A huge hug goes out to all involved with there family and friends, and the Search and Rescue team.

It would be nice not to post anymore in the speculation thread; due to it has turned into a bitch session with a newbie.

PS. Let’s see how long it takes for Seahawk to post here.

Edited by kevbone

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's one related thought I have been having which MAY actually have some value for people:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/627445/Main/627445/#Post627445

Knowing what we know now, how much fuel would have been necessary to keep the single person in a snow cave alive for a whole week up there, or could fuel have even made a difference? Is a week's fuel a reasonable burden to carry?

Here's one related thought I have been having which MAY actually have some value for people:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/627445/Main/627445/#Post627445

Knowing what we know now, how much fuel would have been necessary to keep the single person in a snow cave alive for a whole week up there, or could fuel have even made a difference? Is a week's fuel a reasonable burden to carry?

at the risk of ghouling out, I have a serious question. I understand that dehydration can increase the risk of hypothermia....thick blood, for lack of a more elegant answer. I would guess that the necessary water consumption would vary by individual (some folks consume more water than others), and depend on availability of insulating layers, etc.

at the risk of ghouling out, I have a serious question.

I understand that dehydration can increase the risk of hypothermia....thick blood, for lack of a more elegant answer. I would guess that the necessary water consumption would vary by individual (some folks consume more water than others), and depend on availability of insulating layers, etc.

Not to be an ass, but what is your question?

with a tiny snopeak stove and one cannister ,(few ounces) and a little food (bars...) you could last easily a week as long you dont get too wet and its above -30 outside. when you melt snow, you warm your cave and body and dry a little .keep the bottle in your pants.dont waste . a bivy,big shell,would help to save heat.

I MEAN YOU WILL SURVIVE, NOT VACATION.....

Edited by virendra7

with a tiny snopeak stove and one cannister ,(few ounces) and a little food (bars...) you could last easily a week as long you dont get too wet and its above -30 outside. when you melt snow, you warm your cave and body and dry a little .keep the bottle in your pants.dont waste . a bivy,big shell,would help to save heat.

How much alpine experience do you have?

how did you all keep him out?

Im not sure. He has not posted here yet? Lets hope he does not.....wait a minute. How do we know you are not seahawk.

You dont, kevbone.....but go look around in the Forum , I have some sense>unlike seahawk. [/quote

twocents