Mount Hood Climb 1/5-1/7

joshenj

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want to climb Mt Hood 1/5,1/6,1/7 whichever day looks best with an option of an overnighter depending on which route we choose, im open to suggestions.

Josh

Have you ever put a crampon through your hand while soloing steep ice? Have you ever attempted to duffersitz on a free rappel?

Just curious

Josh,

Better watch the weather real close before making the trip, and if it looks good then still keep a sharp eye out cuz it can go from great to shit about as fast as you can get down. Even a weak warm front moving through is enough to bring 60-80mph winds near the peak along w/ freezing rain (last weekend). Avi danger is pretty high these days. We have a lot more bad weather than good in winter, so the odds of picking a random weekend and finding good weather and snow conditions are not in your favor. Be prepared for total white-out. Good Luck.

Ya I know, which is why im not going. White outs are interesting to me....for the first few minutes anyways. I also dont have the luxury to just go anyday, and i live in seattle so its not quite that east to just go, so a little planning is necisary, wheather pending is always a part of my plan though.