Hilleberg Nallo 2 vs. Single Wall Bibler/BD/ID

ericb

Looking for a lightweight winter/spring tent, and trying to decide between the Hillberg N2 and a Single Wall tent. Weights are pretty similar, and all are pretty spendy, so mostly focused on function. the HB seems pretty roomy in comparison, and includes a vestibule for the $450. But the larger footprint has pro's/cons. I'm thiking the double wall design is a plus in this climate. I'd welcome any comments or experiences.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bibler ahwahnee survived a night in 70+mph winds. Trust it with my life for sure. The large door (I have the older one door model) is awesome in fair weather. I also like my ID MK1 for times when Im trying to lighten the load. Condinsation has never been a problem in either tent, and I always cook inside with a hanging stove.

I have used both the ahwahnee and the Hilleberg Nallo. I prefer the Hilleberg. Its huge vestibule is a plus even with the extra footprint. The inner tent can be used on its own. The outer nylon can also be used like a Betamid in the snow. There is the facility to use two poles in the slieve for big winds. Easy to put up since the outer nylon goes up first. Hope this helps. Also a price of $450 is cheap compared to retail.

If you do buy the ahwahnee, i have a vestibule, groundsheet and spare poles that I can sell you.