Jon? Tim? Remove spray, please?

Jman

Ha! Just messin' with y'all. Somehow I knew somebody just HHHHHAAAAAAAADD to respond. Sometimes I get a kick out of the crap. But honestly, it does get kind of tiresome.

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 06-11-2001).]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm, how best to word this?? You know I really like this website the way it is. I think Jon and Tim have done a fine job and should not be asked to put in even more work than they have.

I find that there is a generous amount of information passed back and forth and yes there is the dreaded humor so ever present. I find it somewhat humorous in fact that you, Jman, would attempt to wade in here and have the site censored to your liking. Do you find that this philosophy works in your life? The control thing that is.

People coming and going from this site would happen irregardless from the content. If someone leaves because they don't like the level or quality of the humor..well that's their decision.

Reminds me of the Rush song 'The Trees' where the Maples have the Oaks cut down to their level because they are in the shadow of the Oaks.

Do try and pass out those scripts to those around you so they will know how to make you a nice day. :-)

maybe i can train my dog to not only eat human poop, but somehow he can also learn how to remove the spary from the boards, cuz in order to fully remove spray from this site would require a whole lotta time which i just don't got. Thanks for your post though I wish I could make every thread super meaningful beta, but then again, is climbing always filled with super-meaningful events?

oops... i did it again, i'm spraying

Jman,

Are you trying to start something? You could have written Jon and Tim privately. Tommorow when there are 30 responses and this topic is shifted to spray you will be guilty of starting spray. grin.gif

Welcome to the club. Other good spray generating topics for you to start include: your upcoming big expedition to Mt. Si, Gear you found while climbing and you wish to taunt the original owner, and what climber has the biggest unit in Washington.

I look forward to more of your posts!!

Let's say you are climbing in Icicle Canyon and come down at the end of a long day of climbing to find 8-Mile Campground completely full of climbers (no tourists...!)

There are many campfires around and around each is a group of climbers relaxing, drinking beer, smoking herb (sorry NolanR tongue.gif) and sharing stories. How many of them will be bullshitting with their friends about whatever, versus having "serious conversations" about the beta for the route they just did or whether they think Trango Cams are better than Kong Kams?

This site is the campground and the threads are the campfires, sorry for the hippy metaphor, but get the point already! This site is about sitting around and talking with your friends and peers, sometimes even about climbing! If you don't like the conversation around one campfire go spark up your own and see who joins you!

LOL. I know... ain't it funny?

Ok, Jon and Tim, here's a perfect example!

Since this will result in further spray, send this topic to "Spray" to prevent the non-spray topics from becoming sprayed since the non-sprayers don't wish to read spray because it's now become spray.

...ok, yeah, got it.

Cool analogy, Dru. I like it. I feel better now. (no sarcasm either... really)

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 06-11-2001).]

You know, this site kind of reminds me of my math class in high school: many bright individuals with eccentric senses of humor. It was endless fun while accomplishing/learning a little something. I have to admit, some of things you people write are hysterical.

Never lose the humor, folks! Just keep the bashing to a minimum and your posts related to the topic...

[what does math class have to do with climbing, you drivelling idiot?!]

See how easy it is?

Yeah, well, you know I've had enough practice in chat rooms - everyone hiding behind an alias, no one ever speaking truth. Does kind of sound like politics, eh?

It seems the best way to get people to talk about anything here is to "offend" them, get their emotions to fire up their fingers.

People feel strongest about their own feelings, not necessarily the subject.

A few certain individuals here certainly have the "gift to offend" and what's great about it is that you'll never really know whether they mean what they say or not. I suppose we all secretly enjoy pushing each other's buttons... [insert evil cackling]

Chinook is a very capable dog and I truly belive I can train his nose to smell out the human excrement know as 'spray' on this site.

tongue.gif

I love the campground analogy, that is so very true, and very ironic how it has come back to spray.

You know though, life is just a big spray circle... we are brought into the world at birth with our parents spraying about how cute we are, and in the end people gather around a grave and spray about our lives.

Besides in the end, it doesn't matter who cimbed the hardest, its who sprayed the most that really counts

------------------

:eek:

just can't sit, gotta get jiggy wit it

tcrawford@mtbachelor.com

Dru,

Hanging around the campfire in the Icicle after a day of climbing, smoking a little herb, I can understand that. For some strange reason I guess I was making a distinction between being in the backcountry and being roadside. I can also understand a lot better partaking of some doobage AFTER climbing rather than before or during. But I don't mean to start all that up again. Anyway, I like the campfire analogy.

I like the campfire analogy too. My only objection is when I'm sitting around a campfire, enjoying the company and the topic and someone else shows up, dominates the conversation and changes the subject. Here are some guys trying to talk and this guy wants to turn it all into a (usually private) joke. Courtesy seems like a good idea, even when we're sitting around in the dark and can't really see who's talking...

And a lovely Guiness evening to all of you. I'm in Spain now and it's apparently not possible to find a sixer of Mickey's Big Mouth anywhere within a thousand miles. Perhaps I should call the embassy and have some shipped over...anyway. What the heck is this topic about.....I remember now....Big Lou, Jr....no that ain't it. SSSSSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRAAAYYYYY maybe! Sorry, mate, for the beer on your shirt, I got a li'l carried away with the enun....ciation. What gave you people the impression there is any worthless "spray" on this list? Everything I've ever read around here is probably useful to someone, even if it's so lame it generates a chuckle, or makes ya feel a bit better by having a forum for bitching about bolts and such, the latter being a forte of mine.

Regarding who has the biggest schvantz: now really, lads, does such a topic genuinely belong on this list? But since you're on the topic...I recall that Mr. Pope suggested Big Lou, the lovely Miss Donna suggested Pope (I´d guess she´d know) and since it wouldn't be fair to propose myself, I'd have to go with Sir Arnold Slingsby III, an English climber who invented the sling (a.k.a. for you sport-climbers: "eeeeeeeeeeehhhh! quick draws!!!) sometime back in the 1890´s I recall. From what I hear, snow didn't melt off the end of that thing until sometime mid-August. But that's neither here nor there.

Carry on, spray-monkeys, and remember, be funny but not mean, and keep in mind that sometimes it's hard to tell the difference in the fast-fire untested frontier of the internet!

aloha, Dwayner

P.S. RE: That poo-eating dog...can you train 'im to sniff out some Mickey's around here? Ship him over here overnight express and I'll hook him up with half a case of flea-collars...the good ones that really work and last a while.

Also...can anyone tell me what the snow conditions will be like on the Wee-Wee Glacier Headwall on Mt. Ratsbutt on August 12th this year? I've got the day off. And the weather?

for wetter spray try weatherplanner.com they claim to forecast up to 1 yr in advance and don't do a forecast within the next two weeks!

wow, this is one of the best spray threads I've seen for creativity. coarse I'm from ballard so don't expect much.

and running concurrently with best current beta on route conditions (see Mt Maude thread)! UFF DA!

• 4 years later...
Let's say you are climbing in Icicle Canyon and come down at the end of a long day of climbing to find 8-Mile Campground completely full of climbers (no tourists...!)<BR>There are many campfires around and around each is a group of climbers relaxing, drinking beer, smoking herb (sorry NolanR tongue.gif) and sharing stories. How many of them will be bullshitting with their friends about whatever, versus having "serious conversations" about the beta for the route they just did or whether they think Trango Cams are better than Kong Kams? <P>This site is the campground and the threads are the campfires, sorry for the hippy metaphor, but get the point already! This site is about sitting around and talking with your friends and peers, sometimes even about climbing! If you don't like the conversation around one campfire go spark up your own and see who joins you!

Dru, it sure seems like you used to put more effort into your posts back then. wink.gif