CAVEMAN AND VEGETABLEBELAY SEND WEDGE MTN.

Veggie, friend Bruce, and I climbed the Northeast arete of Wedge yesterday in pristine weather. We could see hundreds of peaks. Wonder if that one way north was Mt Waddington?

The trail was much postholing and miserable going in and walking out [hell no]

I like alpine huts. We snagged the hut saturday night and woke up early Sunday and climbed with intentions of climbing the North Face. However the snow was mushy and wallowing so we opted for the Northeast Arete a fine short route with good exposure on the ridge.

Dru I took my summit shot of me wearing my Detroit jersey punk [laf]

We descended south side and around to the col between Parkhurt ? and Wedge.

Got invited to climb Matier in a few weeks. Might go do that next but not sure. Those peaks are very accesible and nice. [big Drink][Wazzup]

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canucks Lost [Frown]

Ray owes me beer [smile]

Was going to solo a route in Cheam Range but decided to bail around 2pm on Saturday after looking at scary cornices.

Went to Squamish & did some routes in evening. Next day Fern and I did Echelon. sketchelon is the longst route on the Chief. it must be about 22 pitches from bottom of apron to top of Echelon.

of the top 15 pitches once you cross the gully about 5 pitches or so are good rock and the other 10 are tree climbing and thrashing and the odd slab.

Kris Wild is scrubbing the thing (orig. climbed 1960's) but looks like he needs to work for about 3 more years and get a backhoe up there.

Oh yeah I fell out of mud groove onto an old TCU and it held, then i lowered on it and it blew out its cam stop pins and umbrellad and pulled. [Eek!] and i fell 5 feet onto my next piece that held.

Nice to hear stories like gear failing heheh [Eek!]

There were conrices up there but if you went in early enough you might be safe.. On the North Face route if it comes into shape you could certainly bypass it on the left.

Heres to Sketch-along [big Drink] and dirt climbing. It's good alpine training [Wink]

Ah but jordop,

It is all about the rivalry in that photo hehe [Razz] American stands on highest summit near Whistler with American team jersey kicking local teams [Moon] the day before. hehehe

I took about 40+ photos in 2 days up there. I have not even developed yet.... I imagine they will be good as well. [Wink]