Fundamentalist Fun for the Whole Family

prole

Some lucky little future Jim Jones is gonna get this in their stocking this year!

Excerpt:

...The hitch, though, in this new game aimed at teens, is who constitutes those "forces of evil": activists, secularists, non-Christian rock musicians, and others who resist "recruitment" into the "forces of good" - the believers in a particular kind of Christianity.

Based on the popular Left Behind series of apocalyptic novels, "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" is being marketed for Christmas giving through churches and big-box retailers such as Wal-Mart.

The real-time strategy (RTS) game takes place in New York City. "You are sent on a spiritual and military mission to convert people, and nobody is allowed to remain neutral," says Eric Elnes, copresident of Crosswalk America, a progressive Christian group, who says he's explored the game extensively. "You lose spirit points if you kill somebody, but you can hit the prayer button to restore the points."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some lucky little future Jim Jones is gonna get this in their stocking this year!

Excerpt:

...The hitch, though, in this new game aimed at teens, is who constitutes those "forces of evil": activists, secularists, non-Christian rock musicians, and others who resist "recruitment" into the "forces of good" - the believers in a particular kind of Christianity.

Based on the popular Left Behind series of apocalyptic novels, "Left Behind: Eternal Forces" is being marketed for Christmas giving through churches and big-box retailers such as Wal-Mart.

The real-time strategy (RTS) game takes place in New York City. "You are sent on a spiritual and military mission to convert people, and nobody is allowed to remain neutral," says Eric Elnes, copresident of Crosswalk America, a progressive Christian group, who says he's explored the game extensively. "You lose spirit points if you kill somebody, but you can hit the prayer button to restore the points."

Two guys in nice suites playing this game knocked on my door the other night. I offered them a beer a bong hit and some magic tea but they declined so I asked them if they were government spys who were out to get me, and they said no. Then they tried to hand me a book and I tried to hand them the bong and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no. Then they asked me if I had read their book and I offered them a beer and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no so I told them to fuck off. I guess I won the game.

Excerpt:

Two guys in nice suites playing this game knocked on my door the other night. I offered them a beer a bong hit and some magic tea but they declined so I asked them if they were government spys who were out to get me, and they said no. Then they tried to hand me a book and I tried to hand them the bong and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no. Then they asked me if I had read their book and I offered them a beer and they said no so I asked them if they were government spys and they said no so I told them to fuck off. I guess I won the game.

Dude.. where is your house?? I would wear a suit an give you a book if I could have a bong an some magic tea!!