SKAHA KTK TR

Dru

Yes the KTK sent representatives to Skaha last weekend. Foo Sprayshaw and Spray Bourbon along with some dude name of Dan. We did lots of good crack routes although as Borbon eventually realized even the cracks at Skaha are really face climbs by and large.

Despite forecast of bad weather it only rained at night and was mostly warm and sunny in the daytime. Lots of frou frou sport climbers were out along with the usual crowd of gapers, dog walkers and hardmen and hardwomen.

Ray outdrank me. We kept pace on the smokey. Ray slept out under the stars and was nearly drowned in a thunderstorm. Lotsa good routes got done. Dru fell off some bolty thing and hit a shelf but MAN OF STEEL was not injured.

You should've been there! [big Grin]

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by max:

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:

Yep most of those cracks are face climbs in disguise. BUT they are gear climbs

Gear protected face climbs are my favorite. Best of both worlds.

I really like "pure" (jamming) crack climbs, but I like face-type crack climbing too. Which is mostly Skaha cracks. not much jamming technique required.

To me a true gear protected face climb does not follow an obvious crack line but moves up a face using various flakes, pockets, etc. for gear placements. i like them too.

You know about 2 days is the ideal length of trip to Skaha... cause eventually you get tired of crimp, highstep, crimp, lockoff, highstep.

quote:

Originally posted by Highlander:

Dru, it deffinatly was a plus that you showed up when you did or we may have been climbing more dirt and choss.

Dan

See once again a cc.commer is introduced to me by his real name and I dont find out who it is until a week later!

Effective immediately I want all you .commers to go out and tape your cc.com name on your helmet so you can be identified in the field.

I'm gonna write "Trask" on mine [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by mikeadam:

I'm kind of getting into climbing dirt, talus, and steep heather...sketchy snow is a close favorite too...

you coulda come to skaha for all of that but the snow... the first route I found Ray and Dan on had dirt and talus and steep vegetables... Ray whupped its ass then peed on it. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

quote:

Originally posted by Highlander:

Dru, it deffinatly was a plus that you showed up when you did or we may have been climbing more dirt and choss.

Dan

See once again a cc.commer is introduced to me by his real name and I dont find out who it is until a week later!

Effective immediately I want all you .commers to go out and tape your cc.com name on your helmet so you can be identified in the field.

I'm gonna write "Trask" on mine
[Roll Eyes]
I'm gonna let you use my name, dru, but I expect you to uphold my principals. As soon as I get some, I'll let you know what they are. [big Grin]

[ 04-18-2002, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: trask ]