Paulina Falls

gapertimmy

Also:

I'd LOVE to see any of these flows actually come in. But there's a lot of water runnin' over 'em 'n this ain't 'zactly arctic winters we git in these parts.

Note that the rain over the last 2 days prob'ly wiped out most of what was in.

This is the only time of the year I wished I still lived in the 'Daks, although they ain't gettin' any cold weather at all... and I just climbed ice in Oregon!

Woo Hoo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For the big cold spell this weekend, I will be shuttling the throngs of Ice Climberz up to the falls on my super plush FiveFitty two seater.

Round-trip shuttle fare includes a sausage on a stick cooked on my muffler, a Miller Tall Boy, and a keepsake photo of you sending a sick line up the falls.

Me yelling beta for your next move is additional $, but can be arranged.

For pricing, reservations, and availability, please send me a PT.

For the big cold spell this weekend, I will be shuttling the throngs of Ice Climberz up to the falls on my super plush FiveFitty two seater.

Round-trip shuttle fare includes a sausage on a stick cooked on my muffler, a Miller Tall Boy, and a keepsake photo of you sending a sick line up the falls.

Me yelling beta for your next move is additional $, but can be arranged.

For pricing, reservations, and availability, please send me a PT.

How much off the top of the price, if we include a picture of a girlfriend?

Granted, not my girlfriend...could be someone else's.

yes there is!

it is seldom reliable though. Some worth mentioning..

crater creek running off the broken top plateu has some good pitches. Early Bird WI2/3,Sins with Twins and Seldom Seen WI 4/5, right of sins with twins WI4 is very reliable- third pitch down from the top. The top one (Early Bird) is almost always in, the next two down are better though. I would ski upto the plateu from dutchman and then head down to try and find the highest pitch. It is hard to find (and I suspect im the only one who has found/climbed these) so you will probably need a quad topo of the area. the top most falls are close to a trail which should be shown on the map and originates at Green Lakes trailhead (not the falls creek trail). Sometimes there is too much snow to get to this place but it is awsome on a good year. All day ordeal too.

Cougar bluff (on your right to Tumalo falls) has some mixed lines but I have never done them. I think they are to the right mostly. And there is topropabe stuff usually on the right of the falls.

Also Cougar Slayer WI3/M2 is a fun, although thin and hard to protect, climb that is on the steepest right-hand part of the bluff by the Hoodoo ski area.

Ice is hard to find around Bend but just keep exploring and you might find some more. (let me know if you do :) )