Sat Sun Chair pk East Ridge recon trip.

Bug

I need to get out and try to get some gear in the snow.

I will ski up to the base of Chair pk on the East ridge and check out conditions.

May climb or not. If there is some ice to play on, I will do so though I am not planning on a rope at this time. If someone REALLY wants to climb Chair with a rope I could be game if there is any ice built up on it. Probablilty is low. I am not into a long dry tool experience with no pro.

The cornice at the top of the East ridge coming off of Chair should have some safe places to dig a snow cave or two. Bring your favorite party beverage.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.avalanche-center.org/Bulletins/Northwest/avalanche.php

Avalanche danger is going to be high at Snoqualmie pass Saturday. I will still go out somewhere near there since I have to pick up my girls for dinner on Christmas eve (Sun). But the chances of getting all the way up to the east ridge are slim.

There are other ridges and valleys to access.

Nope.

At North Bend I90 was a parking lot.

We went up the MiddleFork and hiked in the rain.

Garfield was covered with snow and slush. There may be some ice up there someday soon if the temps drop 10 but right now it looked like a glazing.

Otherwise uneventful.

Merry Christmas!