Good site for climbing tips

JohnGo

If you're looking for a large collection of climbing related tips and suggestions, have a look at the Tip of the Week pages on the Mazamas web site. It's got a lot of useful information,

and should keep you busy reading for quite some time. It is certainly not all for beginners, I betcha even you experienced folks might pick up a few tricks.

http://www.mazamas.org/your/adventure/starts-here/C188/

Also, if you're considering climbing Mt. Hood, the Mazamas have a "Mt. Hood FAQ" page here:

http://www.mazamas.org/your/adventure/starts-here/C76/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
This may not be where this question belongs but here goes/I am looking for advice on the purchase of a new bivy? any comments...

There's a very recent thread in the Gear Critic forum about that very subject.

Thanks for the inforation,,,,,,,best one to look at it? and tell me about some of the best pair of climbing boots? i was told the ones i have or not what is needed for my accent of hood? all informatoin is deeply honored from the best of the best,,,,,thanks again.........my trip to mt.hood is in march.........

I just spit coffee on the keyboard. :laf: Thanks for putting that little exchange together cindy, cobra, and dru. That cracks me up.

Cindy, try clicking on the search option at the top of the page, and select "the gear critic" as the forum you would like to search. I would also change the date to things in the past year. Topics like which boots, jackets, and bivy have been discussed and often that's a great place to start to narrow your search down. Inevitably you will have to choose gear based on your personal needs and $ constraints. My recomendation for a bivy is the bibler bipod. For boots, depends on what you want to do with them, but I believe the koflach double plastic boots (degree) are quite popular and aren't too too expensive. A good boot to accomplish early season snow climbs. For a shell, find something that matches your boots. :)