classes

aspencir

some friends and i from minnesota were out to mt adams this year on our own, would like some expert instruction (beyond reading freedom of the hills)before trying anything like baker, hood or rainier, and were thinking about classes/ascents with american alpine int'l, like their rainier prep class or guided ascents of ruth, sahale and/or shuksan. any thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aspencir,

I dont live in the PNW. I actually live in MN. I think American Alpine Institute , American Alpine Int'l, or RMI would be just fine. If you have a few people, rather than signing up for a summit climb with a random group of people, maybe ask if they will provide a personalized climb for you and your friends. I could be wrong, but Im guessing it wouldnt cost much more and you would have things tailored more toward your needs.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you live in MN or WA. If MN then any of the above mentioned classes would be great. If WA, then I would highly reccomend the climbing course that I took this summer. It's at Pierce college in the Tacoma area, and probably the best deal in WA. 600$ for rainier or 400 for baker and adams, but there are a lot of classroom sessions so you really learn a lot. It's also not as time intensive as the mountaineers course.