Thanks for the donations...

jon

Unfortunately I don't have time to individually thank people right now but we recieved a couple donations the last couple days and we really appreciate it. We've put a lot of work into the site the last couple months (mainly Tim and Porter) and it's nice to know people appreciate what we do. Additionally the moderators did an excellent job handling the sudden influx of people visiting the site with the Hood tragedy and all the media attention that we received. The last two days alone we have served over 1 million pages and had over 8000 unique visitors a day.. it's a lot to manage. These people are volunteers and do a very thankless job and put up with a lot of abuse. If you want to thank them feel free to click on the PayPal link and I will be treating them to drinks after the holidays.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One other note... I personally get stoked to see TR's posted... It is really one of the things that makes working on the site worth all the time for me.

Right now, more than any other time, it would be great to see some photo-filled reports to put some positive stoke back in the forum.

So I contend that a great way to support cc.com, is to get out there, live the dream, and come back and share the stoke this holiday season.

KIR

timmay

Thanks everyone.

We got a flurry of angry emails the other day ago from some guy who was unhappy that a few of his posts disappeared. He wanted to know who the CEO, President, Senior manager, Customer Service Representative where. I told him due to our recent SEC filing for IPO that I couldn't immediately reveal that information.

Thanks everyone.

We got a flurry of angry emails the other day ago from some guy who was unhappy that a few of his posts disappeared. He wanted to know who the CEO, President, Senior manager, Customer Service Representative where. I told him due to our recent SEC filing for IPO that I couldn't immediately reveal that information.

Must have been the same jackass who was complaining about his lack of 1st amendment rights here on CC.com. I told him he had no rights here, and to just suck it up.

Thanks everyone.

i would be more than happy to be the cc.com customer service representative :moondance:

You guys provide a service that I am using to learn about all kinds of stuff like climbing conditions, techniques, equipment, and how much incredible bullshit that comes from (mostly) the non-climbing public. Bottom line is that if I'm gaining so much from this site then I really need to give back because it's the right and fair thing to do. You just got my 50 bucks but I like to think that I still got the better end of the deal. Thanks and Happy Holidays !!

as a moderator I want to pass on my thanks to those of you non-moderators who help keep things on track in various ways. In an ideal world this site could be self-moderating along the guidelines we all learned in kindergarten. I believe cc.com has a history and continued potential to be a great resource, as well as daily entertainment. It is disappointing when some people try to turn it into a narrow-minded pulpit or childish sandbox.