Most annoying poster

kevbone

the one with the most substance is the one having the most fun

my bestest friend in the whole universe just bought 5 acres. she has had horses before but not for several years. i am so excited. I rode when i was a kiddo, just bare back and western etc. no lessons or anything. I can't wait to learn to ride for reals.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the one with the most substance is the one having the most fun

my bestest friend in the whole universe just bought 5 acres. she has had horses before but not for several years. i am so excited. I rode when i was a kiddo, just bare back and western etc. no lessons or anything. I can't wait to learn to ride for reals.

I hate to say it, but I.....I really hate to say it, but here it goes....I agree with CBS. Holy shite did I really say that?

Well anyways, I find freaking riding a horse way scarier than being in the mountains. I don't really like being on the back of some beast that has a mind of its own. Since I am not a horse whisperer I have no freaking idea what is on there mind. Any animal that is bigger than I am weary of. I have heard of pleanty of accidents to know that it is not for me.

Oh yeah back on topic, kevboner got a lot of you beat for being the most annoying.

Minx: Do you jump or cross-train with adestramento (dressage to you)? Are you US or FEI? I'm FEI. All of mine are PRE as I am a breeder from Spain.

As for climbing, my wife and I are now looking for a good mountain (easy) here in Virginia to start on. We need a distraction from the pressures.

What you said about "going south." Have you heard about the scare in Wellington? Lucky for us, Wellington is not on our schedule this year. We'll be in Spain.

It's good talking with you.

Any advice on someone who can private work with us on our "easy" mountain here in this area? Cost isn't an issue. We'd rather go private.

Many thanks and I hope you have good and safe Holidays.

escondido--i always believe that my jumpers should be able to do no less than 3rd level dressage. US haven't been FEI in y ears. I did hear about the scare at WEF--glad I'm not there. Although, I used to go to WEF--going south in the winter here means Indio/Palm Desert. Enjoy your trip home to spain!

Don't know anything about climbing in VA but I'm betting you'll find it a wonderful distraction.

Ken-- YOU agreed w/CBS? What is this board coming to? H/E, I think I owe both of you a bit of thanks for some perspective.

During the past year or so, for the first time, I've been having real issues with fear while climbing. Not the normal, healthy fear/caution but occasional bouts of near paralyzing, get me the hell out of here NOW fear. Haven't been able to figure out when or why it started. I can jump on a horse and do all sorts of fun and apparently crazy things w/o fear at all. I know that people get seriously injured and die all the time riding but I don't spend any time thinking about it. You, CBS and the rest of the horsephobes remind me that it's all a matter of perspective and state of mind. thanks!

My mother was killed jumping a horse in 1996. It was tragic. But at the same time, it was fast and I knew she died doing something she loved. My father is now almost 83. He still rides and jumps. In fact I still take the occasional instruction from him.

That is the good thing about riding. It is not age prohibitive. After all, Nelson Pessoa won the WC when he was 68. hahaha. Then he let his son take over

Edited to add: I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas. It has been an education visiting your board.

Later, Minx, I will give you a link to my board, yes?

Edited by escondidosmaster

Ken-- YOU agreed w/CBS? What is this board coming to? H/E, I think I owe both of you a bit of thanks for some perspective.

During the past year or so, for the first time, I've been having real issues with fear while climbing. Not the normal, healthy fear/caution but occasional bouts of near paralyzing, get me the hell out of here NOW fear. Haven't been able to figure out when or why it started. I can jump on a horse and do all sorts of fun and apparently crazy things w/o fear at all. I know that people get seriously injured and die all the time riding but I don't spend any time thinking about it. You, CBS and the rest of the horsephobes remind me that it's all a matter of perspective and state of mind. thanks!

thank you minx. i have never been as bold as you and i have certainly been battling my own demons on the rock. this pasts season has been my worst period. i feel it in my heart, i need to climb to live, but i battle with myself about it, about my goals and how far i want to go. i am both terrified and thrilled to try to climb a mountain. same with horse back riding. i want it so much and i have a healthy amount of caution and trepidation as well.

luv you thank you for sharing

Holy shit batman.... I have the day off and come back to my favorite passtime just to find we are talking about horses? What the fuck? Minx get real.

Time for the spraying to start.

Have you fucked your horse yet?

maybe editing posts i uncreative, but so is telling someone to fuck a horse. eggplant seems much more socially responsible. sorry i was gone from work and couldn't get back to your insult right away!!

Holy shit batman.... I have the day off and come back to my favorite passtime just to find we are talking about horses? What the fuck? Minx get real.

Time for the spraying to start.

Have you fucked your horse yet?

maybe editing posts i uncreative, but so is telling someone to fuck a horse. eggplant seems much more socially responsible. sorry i was gone from work and couldn't get back to your insult right away!!

Telling someone to fuck a horse may not be creative, but if the horse keeps calling you afterwards, I would say that is worth some bragging rights!