Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you mooning me like some pesky goat in heat? Never mind, I don't care, I'm gonna fuck you anyway.

I gotta tell ya folks, I came here to gleen some info about 3 men that have captured the attention and hearts of millions of people in manycountries. They have brought a great deal of attention and new found interest and admiration for you and your sport/hobby/love.People are coming here to learn about these men and what drove them to Mt.Hood in the first place. I read your TR (a term I learned here) in a state of shock and awe, my god would I love to try what you people speak of...I do not have the heart to do it, but I'm here to learn and enjoy the thrill,through your posts, something I will not ever accomplish. Companies spend millions and millions of dollars to attract the kind of attention that this site has attracted under some extremely unfortunate circumstances.

I am the admin of 3 successful web forums, there is no need to name them as that is not my purpose. I mention that because visiting this forum is bittersweet.There truly is some invaluable information here but it is lost as is credibility of the site, when the trash talk (as quoted above from an admin) is found everywhere on the site. The kind of talk that you people, attorneys, Dr's,"personalities" etc. spew,is totally unbecoming and very damaging to your forum and it speaks volumes of the upper echelon that can afford to participate in this sport.

Off_White, please don't take this personal, but I am surprised that you as an admin also act this way. This forum is way out of control and does much damage to you. I'm sure that is why only one of the three that lost their lives on Mt.Hood ever visited here,and his posts did not spew any of the sludge that seems to be common here.

Protect your sport, be proud of the fact that you people are fearless compared to most of us, but more importantly carry yourselves in this forum as you would in your profession. The eyes of the world are on you, make the Mt. Hood 3 proud.

Help the growth of your site and sport, not hurt it.

I expect much "spray" from my post, that seems to be pretty typical...going back to my corner now...be well and thoughts and prayers to the families and precious holidays to you all.

You'll undoubtedly receive spray for this post, since, well - YOUR IN THE SPRAY FORUM!!! Which is where we try to contain such pointless BS.

Everyone, from the top on down (some like to be the top, some like to be the bottom), are consensual volunteers. They do the best job they can while still working regular jobs. This site is not professional, though in some forums we do our best to fake it.

So take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the show.

Hi two cents. I'm not a climber, either, but I am haunted by this tragedy and would just like to be able to talk about it with someone. So I'll speculate with you, and maybe someone who knows something about climbing will show up and give us some facts about what might have happened to these guys.

This new information about no injury to Kelly has me really confused. At least it was all making some sense before.

You are so late to the party you qualify for the "Instant Idiot Award."

You and no cents should meet for drinks and to speculate each other, maybe inviting someone else to join in for fact checking.

I bet this is keeping you from sleeping at night, since you are so "haunted by the tragedy."

Vulture

Edited by mtnfreak

...but it is lost as is credibility of the site, when the trash talk (as quoted above from an admin) is found everywhere on the site.

This forum is way out of control and does much damage to you.

I learned a lesson years ago when a co-worker finally drilled into me that the employer didn't give a crap about the employees. All he would say, with great emphasis was, "THEY...DON'T...CARE." My level of complaining and wasting of time in a lot of areas in life took a nosedive when I finally realized how right my co-worker was, even long after I stopped working there. I didn't have to be at this site very long to realize, THEY DON'T CARE. Nice try, but you wasted your time telling them things they already know.

Hi two cents. I'm not a climber, either, but I am haunted by this tragedy and would just like to be able to talk about it with someone. So I'll speculate with you, and maybe someone who knows something about climbing will show up and give us some facts about what might have happened to these guys.

This new information about no injury to Kelly has me really confused. At least it was all making some sense before.

No one who knows anything about climbing will come into this 'spray' thread and teach you anything about the subject. I question whether anyone who really knows much good information about the sport even comes in here at all. They're all posers. So don't hold your breath. A few might have helped you, a little bit, in the original Mt. Hood thread under the Route category, if you said pretty please and caught them in a rare good mood, but they won't here. In all actuality, I'm not interested in speculation. I'm interested in fact. But since the facts are so vague for us, the only thing left is speculation. I can't even get answers as to which way footprints were headed. You're suppose to know enough about climbing to figure it out on your own from a photo taken at a great distance with a zoom lens If I were a family member, I'd want to know every detail. Even though I'm not one, I still want to know.

I am late but obviously not that late since there is new information still coming out.

Yes Molly, the latest botch job of the day is he didn't have an injured shoulder after all. I think the rescue workers might be speaking English while the sheriff listens in pig latin. I'm so used to it, it doesn't even phase me anymore. Can't wait to hear what tomorrows hogwash brings. Maybe they'll find a note that's been laying around the water cooler for two weeks.

No one who knows anything about climbing will come into this 'spray' thread and teach you anything about the subject. So don't hold your breath. A few might have, a little bit, in the original Mt. Hood thread under the Route category, but they won't here. In all actuality, I'm not interested in speculation. I'm interested in fact. But since the facts are so vague for us, the only thing left is speculation.

I agree with you. I'm interested in fact, too. One thing I'm wondering about is that second small cave atop the gullies. I've read that they think they built this cave to protect themseves from the wind while doing something else, and anchored themselves on there. Were they planning to descend the way they came up? Wouldn't that be difficult in that type of weather? And, if they were somehow swept off the cliff there, as has been postulated, why would a glove and a sleeping foam be left behind? Those are relatively small and light items that also should have been swept off by a wind or an avalanche.

But, then, I must assume that they wouldn't leave their two axes behind and start a descent there without them on purpose. Ok, I know nothing, but that just stands to reason.

And, why would one stay behind without an injury? A difference of opinion about whether they should leave or stay, perhaps?

You and no cents should meet for drinks and to speculate each other, maybe inviting someone else to join in for fact checking.

I bet this is keeping you from sleeping at night, since you are so "haunted by the tragedy."

Vulture

Yeah, kind of like a family member would be. But you on the other hand, don't give a lame rat's ass bout the climbers, so why the hell would you care what happened to them? You don't. Easy climb, easy fall. It's all part of the game, right?

if there was no injury, it means they all fell and he survived.....for a while

You think they all fell from the location of the small cave and he made it back to the second cave somehow? I had sort of thought something like that, given the strange words in the telephone message. But, there's nothing to indicate he was ever there, that we know about. The sheriff said something about a cut rope, as if that was supposed to give us some kind of hidden information.