Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the few here who have not read it, you may find this a good exercise in "speculation" and "the steep price of ambition".

Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer

please don't quote jon krakauer. i would bet deep inside there are thing's he deeply regret's putting in that book.

speculation on the steep price of literary ambition

Are you saying that since they went climbing - they died? Was it God's will? I've gone climbing and I haven't died. Maybe they made some mistakes from which we can learn. I prefer to think that one's chances of returning are linked to knowledge and practice.

Bill, This is the Site of God's. There is nothing to be learned.

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That all you got? You blow!

You know everything, what can I tell you that your arrogant self doesn't know. :)

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!

when 33yr. old jesus was hanging fromthe cross, he looked up and said "forgive them, for they know not what they do

seahawk, your them.

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That all you got? You blow!

You know everything, what can I tell you that your arrogant self doesn't know. :)

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!

when 33yr. old jesus was hanging fromthe cross, he looked up and said "forgive them, for they know not what they do

seahawk, your them.

I'm without excuse, I know what I do!! and I'm still evil! :eveeel:

Edited by Seahawks

Hay seafawk, just to be really sure about your credibility. Please answer the following:

Have you ever climbed before?

Rock or snow?

What grade to you lead?

Bolts or gear?

This is your chance to spray to the world what a great climber you are. Or if you have even climbed.

Some discredit you on this site because they don’t believe you are a climber.

Hay seafawk, just to be really sure about your credibility. Please answer the following:

Have you ever climbed before?

Rock or snow?

What grade to you lead?

Bolts or gear?

This is your chance to spray to the world what a great climber you are. Or if you have even climbed.

Some discredit you on this site because they don’t believe you are a climber.

Kevbone, you such a man, What would we do with out you??? But if you want to beat me up I'll give you ammo becuase I'm not such a prick like you. I've been to the top of Rainer and Mt. Baker. I've on lesser peaks like Snoqualmie and such training but mostly I hike trails into Mountain lakes to Trout fish. My favorite is on Stevens pass up to the enchanted Lakes. Up at the White pass ranger station there is a picture of me and my friend taken by three rangers on horseback 20 miles in checking Elk hunters, We each had 25" plus trouts. They were so amazed that they took our pictures and put them at the station. In college I hiked all over the ellensburg area. Does that qualify me as serious hiker, maybe not but I enjoy what I do. So screw you for thinking someone is a less of a person for maybe not being where you are.

Edited by Seahawks