Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I read on another thread that they didn't summit until Friday. If that is true, then they spent Friday night together in that cave, and woke to bad weather coming in on Saturday.

Still doesn't explain why they split up, though.

let me say this for ya REAL SLOW LIKE....

NO ONE CAN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED UP THERE BECAUSE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNOW ARE DEAD. PERIOD.

if you are truly interested in what the experts have to say, check out the '06 alpine accident journal thinger when it comes out. they will compile all of the pertinent information, with all the info from all the experts and then we will know the best guess from the information available. until then there is no way to know. it will take them months to sort it out.

I am sure the sheriff has some idea because he suspended the ground search. He thinks an accident happened, I guess. He's basing this on something that was seen up there. But his assumption of a broken or hurt arm is not supported by the medical evidence.

I notice pictures of guys walking around on the cooper spur using ski poles. Did these climbers have ski poles? Would they need them to get down that route? I've also seen pictures of the steep drop over the gullies. Why would you attempt that route in harsh weather, high winds and low visibility?

Would they have known how long the storm was going to last?

FUCKING SHUT UP YOU DUMB CUNT

all the information avaliable is posted in previous threds and available on other climbing sites (see summitpost.com) NOT IN SPRAY.

if you really want to know THOSE ARE NOT SKI POLS and no when you are on an ICE FUCKING CLIMB THAT IS FUCKING VERTICAL YOU CAN NOT USE A SKI POLE because your hands are full of ice tools :lmao:

they just can't look forever. they would have to call it at a certain point. sure we would like to look forever but we just can't. there is a strong possibility the bodies will NEVER BE FOUND. AS IN NEVER. don't you watch movies??? even in the worst climbing movies they indicate that sometimes you just can't find people.

don't ask me why i continue to respond to the retched excuse for a human being.... i guess i feel bad for people who are totally ignorant.

Why would you attempt that route in harsh weather, high winds and low visibility?

Because the essence of climbing is conquering nature and the mountain. Also, they were suicidal and they were hoping to die.

The mountain wins. I think we should all just conquer things we can handle. Walk up to tie-in-rock wearing a t-shirt and shorts in June, take some nice pictures for grandma and come back down. All in a day. Simple solution. Nice, neat, safe.

Why would you attempt that route in harsh weather, high winds and low visibility?

Because the essence of climbing is conquering nature and the mountain. Also, they were suicidal and they were hoping to die.

The mountain wins. I think we should all just conquer things we can handle. Walk up to tie-in-rock wearing a t-shirt and shorts in June, take some nice pictures for grandma and come back down. All in a day. Simple solution. Nice, neat, safe.

Don't forget, "...then hurry over to Wal-Mart for Big Macs and 48 oz sodas, and to take advantage of the 400 oz tin of jizzcoated caramel corn on sale for $4.99..."

Nice, neat, safe, Jesus approved.

to molly, shitshit, no sense, paul fuck wad, and all the other voyeurs and speculators.

Here is a special video you can watch over and over. Just add poor weather, snow, ice tools, and pretend it is on Hood and the cable is not attached to these SAR folks. Hopefully this will satisfy your odd case of "I WANT TO WATCH AND KNOW"

sick huh? Shit happens out there all the time. No need to beat a dead climbers. We will never know how or why.

fellow climbers. sorry, I know I don't post here much :blush: but I figured maybe this video would give them something else to fixate on. doubt it though....

well, you know, this thread has gotten 5000 hits in one day. There are a lot of people out there who want to know what happened, and want to try to understand more about the details.

You guys might not have any idea yourselves, but at the very least, you are ambassadors for your sport, spray thread or not. You are giving the world right now a picture of what climbers are like. And, everyone of us here did pay our two cents of tax dollars to rescue these guys and we were happy to do it and we would do it for you, too.

2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.--Hebrews 13

Fuck you Molly. There are four of you sick, opportunistic cunts that won't give this thing a rest, not 5,000. Anyone who is coming to this thread at this point comes to watch you and your fellow voyeurs get raped with a chainsaw by the northwestern climbing community.

And as for your bible tracks and our 'ambassadorship': the baby Jesus can suck my cock.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

You are giving the world right now a picture of what climbers are like.

Amen, and amen. But they 'just don't get it.'

And, everyone of us here did pay our two cents of tax dollars to rescue these guys and we would do it for you, too.

Careful Molly, that's going a little too far.

And if your taxes are only two cents, I'd like the number for your tax preparer.

well, you know, this thread has gotten 5000 hits in one day. There are a lot of people out there who want to know what happened, and want to try to understand more about the details.

You guys might not have any idea yourselves, but at the very least, you are ambassadors for your sport, spray thread or not. You are giving the world right now a picture of what climbers are like. And, everyone of us here did pay our two cents of tax dollars to rescue these guys and we were happy to do it and we would do it for you, too.

2Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.--Hebrews 13

I'm an ambassador now?? FUCK YA!!! do i get paid for that... I need a travel allowance as well. i really need to do some ambasadoring in Thailand right now.

P.S. i am only here to entertain my self. I am selfish like that. :fahq:

I'm new to climbing, I've only climbed up Mt.Muffin, and I don't mean to disrespect the climbers, but here is what I think happened:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the three climbers were attacked by a crazed vietnam vet off his meds who cut the rope, dislocated one of the climber's shoulders, then relocated it, then stole their ice picks and dug a 1/2 mile deep crevice in the glacier to hide his tauntaun? Perhaps the sheriff was hypocisxixsc (Hood River is HIGH!) and was confused about something. I saw that on Fox news.

I still can't figure out why they used those ice picks to make the "Y" in the snow though.

Please let me know if I should contact SAR about this.

I THINK WE CAN FIGURE THIS THING OUT!!!

God bless those rescue dolphins.

I'm new to climbing, I've only climbed up Mt.Muffin, and I don't mean to disrespect the climbers, but here is what I think happened:

Has anyone considered the possibility that the three climbers were attacked by a crazed vietnam vet off his meds who cut the rope, dislocated one of the climber's shoulders, then relocated it, then stole their ice picks and dug a 1/2 mile deep crevice in the glacier to hide his tauntaun? Perhaps the sheriff was hypocisxixsc (Hood River is HIGH!) and was confused about something. I saw that on Fox news.

I still can't figure out why they used those ice picks to make the "Y" in the snow though.

Did your parents drop you as a child?

Did your parents drop you as a child?

Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, meet Pot.