Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

its clear all you NEWB climbers aren't quick enough on the cellphone draw. thats why you're and IDIOT. Arrogant bastards. Don't worry...I'll stick around to remind about it though. I'll be there to say I TOLD YOU SO!

ALSO, if you don't have MRU and MRE, YOU WILL DIE. End of story. Arrogant idiots on this board!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss molly,,,,,,on a nicer and much sweeter note--------- I do have a poem that i will send you of why i climb=if you are interested PM me with your email add.i would be more than happy to send it to you. it may provide you with some insight......

Seahawks= i may be a little cocky "people" but most certainly am not a clueless TWIT

no, twit is pretty accurate. just leave. i hearby request everyone ignore this guy so he will leave and be ready to go back to middle school next week with his mamma jokes.

Just a clueless Newbie

If your dieing for my age just ask. 37. Pretty close to those climbers that left there lifes on Hood and didn't bother to call till it was too late.

its clear all you NEWB climbers aren't quick enough on the cellphone draw. thats why you're and IDIOT. Arrogant bastards. Don't worry...I'll stick around to remind about it though. I'll be there to say I TOLD YOU SO!

ALSO, if you don't have MRU and MRE, YOU WILL DIE. End of story. Arrogant idiots on this board!

So we tell the truth so we are arogant bastards huh??? So let me get this, on Casadeclimber.com we don't learn from other mistakes. We just critize people that would want to talk about it and learn from it. Your as about as smart as Mud.

Hell, I've been reading up on it. The main cause of climbing accidents appears to be lack of speed dial to call mom with if the wind changes direction.

Another dumb ass. Don't you think they knew they were just in a little trouble before he called??? Duh, your about as smart as Mud too. Boy bad group here.

Not only am I arrogant, but I am also retarted, because I don't understand how calling any earlier would have helped the gentlemen on Hood since any potential rescuers could not have been able to get to the climbers until the storm stopped anyway. But what do I know, I don't even carry an IUD, or PLU or whatever.

Not only am I arrogant, but I am also retarted, because I don't understand how calling any earlier would have helped the gentlemen on Hood since any potential rescuers could not have been able to get to the climbers until the storm stopped anyway. But what do I know, I don't even carry an IUD, or PLU or whatever.
They left Friday morning for a day climb and no call came in until Sunday afternoon. They were not prepared or expecting to spend that much time up there. So why did the call come in so late?

It's a question worth asking.

They left Friday morning for a day climb and no call came in until Sunday afternoon. They were not prepared or expecting to spend that much time up there. So why did the call come in so late?

Why did your parents make you?

Were they drunk? did dad take too long to put the rubber on? Did mom pass out before she could make dad pull out?

we may never know....

BUT!....It's a question worth asking.

Arrogance is believing you have the facts when in reality (a) only three people actually know what happened and they are presumably all dead (b) you don't know if they tried to call before they finally got through but found they were out of range, or © that they felt they were in trouble or danger AND IN A POSITION TO USE THE PHONE for any extended period prior to the call Kelly made to his family.

That said, I do agree that many of the climbers on this forum are so full of themselves that they are beyond extending their knowledge and expertise to others and prefer instead to belittle eveyone else's interest in their sport and people's concerns. However, I also think they take all of this as an attack on their sport, which I think is misguided. But whatever.

Why did your parents make you?

Were they drunk? did dad take too long to put the rubber on? Did mom pass out before she could make dad pull out?

we may never know....

BUT!....It's a question worth asking.

another idiot. I quess anyone who read a paper about this is an idiot. I quess the whole world is and idiot. It is interesting and if you don't think so your in the minority. What do you bet when the report comes out the papers pick it up???? They will becuase its interesting. So go put your head back in the sand somewhere with the rest of these clueless idiots.

Not calling Mother may be the cause of most climbing accidents, but lack of Cognac is definitely the cause of most climbing dissatisfaction.

That such pre-pubescence should gush forth from one in his late thirties is sobering indeed.

I'm sorry but I don't see the harm in discussing it. And for all you to jump down anyone throat for wanting really shows your immaturity. So please examine yourself before you try to examine me.

Thanks for the reminder rooster, now back to this really important thread. Why do you suppose this flying cat is out in weather that is uncertain. Note the clouds in the sky. Perhaps it is unaware of PNW weather changes. But more important, why do cats make so much noise at night?? Any speculation?

flying_cat.jpg

Thanks for the reminder rooster, now back to this really important thread. Why do you suppose this flying cat is out in weather that is uncertain. Note the clouds in the sky. Perhaps it is unaware of PNW weather changes. But more important, why do cats make so much noise at night?? Any speculation?

flying_cat.jpg

He is flying to get away from you becuase its the only Pussy you can get. :) Sorry had to.

Not calling Mother may be the cause of most climbing accidents, but lack of Cognac is definitely the cause of most climbing dissatisfaction.

That such pre-pubescence should gush forth from one in his late thirties is sobering indeed.

I'm sorry but I don't see the harm in discussing it. And for all you to jump down anyone throat for wanting really shows your immaturity. So please examine yourself before you try to examine me.

As Oly says, arguing on the interweb is a lot like the Special Olympics. No matter who wins, when its all over,you still feel retarted.

As Oly says, arguing on the interweb is a lot like the Special Olympics. No matter who wins, when its all over,you still feel retarted.

Very true, sounds like something from South Park.

So what can be gained by this or any other discussion on this tragedy? I will ask a simple question and I expect someone here can answer it...where is the best location online where a climber who is unfamiliar with Hood can get a detailed route map of Hood?

As I recall, Jerry posted on one of these climbing forums that they were having trouble finding maps. Is there a site all climbers can go that features a collection of route maps? Are maps available at stations around the mountain? At the summit? If not, can pdf maps of each mountain be "stickied" in a thread at the top of each forum?