Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, thats hot :moondance::eveeel:

its probably hot mostly where the latex is right up against the body... looks like there is plenty of room for ventilation and air movement that would provide some cooling... well... and probably a bit of whistling in a high wind... kinda like when you blow across a the top of a pop bottle... the whole um... girl skydiving naked effect...

Edited by niyol

I think the red flashing radio tower idea has some merit. It would be like a lighthouse; a beacon of safety to call wayward climbers home. Unlike the ocean, however, Mt. Hood isn't flat, so a system of giant mirrors strategically placed over the entire mountain would reflect the original powerful laser signal from the tower. Just follow the red dots.

In near zero visibility, the tower could emit a loud chirping sound, similar to cross walks for the blind.

Once the laser and sound system was installed, rock concerts could be staged at the Pearly Gates, with proceeds covering the cost of the system.

I'm filing a patent.

its probably hot mostly where the latex is right up against the body... looks like there is plenty of room for ventilation and air movement that would provide some cooling... well... and probably a bit of whistling in a high wind... kinda like when you blow across a the top of a pop bottle... the whole um... girl skydiving naked effect...

Hate to piss all over the fantasy, but the parts that aren't "ventilated" don't get hot so much as slimy. Wearing latex and PVC is not as sexy feeling as it is sexy looking.

Hate to piss all over the fantasy, but the parts that aren't "ventilated" don't get hot so much as slimy. Wearing latex and PVC is not as sexy feeling as it is sexy looking.

Speaking from experience? Where are the pics? Or was that just an excuse to get out of the outfit ASAP?

Yo, dimwit...I suppose every smoker should sign a waiver saying they will pay for fire rescue services when their house goes up in flames because they fell asleep with a lit cigarette, or any person who gets a drivers license should sign a waiver stsing that they will pay for rescue services whenever they make some ignorant move that causes a car accident? Those services cost the taxpayers money too and more often and cumulatively more expensive than the few mountain rescues in one year...shit happens to stupid people and brilliant people...as humans we do what we have to in order to help each other. If you think otherwise, then you're just a self-centered ass...

An observation that hasn't been pointed out...kellys brother said that he was found in the 3-man cave with only one glove on. There was one glove found in the small cave which was speculated to have been made to simply shelter them from the conditions as they worked and anchored...leading me to believe that kelly had been in that anchored cave at some point and that something caused him to leave the glove behind before returning to the 3-man cave...

Speaking from experience? Where are the pics? Or was that just an excuse to get out of the outfit ASAP?

Of course I am speaking from experience. But hell, I don't need an excuse to undress; I do it at my leisure.

I'm quite cerain you stand between eveyone and happiness, but not for reasons you think or dream...

What I've also discovered through my experience on this board is that even if I was suffering from hypothermia on any mountaintop and my only hopes for survival were me, my DD's and (most of) you and a bit of carnal in a sleeping bag, I'd rather die and let your peckers freeze off (if the natural coldness within you hasn't left them inoperable already, which would explain a lot in this forum.)

: )

I'm quite cerain you stand between eveyone and happiness, but not for reasons you think or dream...

What I've also discovered through my experience on this board is that even if I was suffering from hypothermia on any mountaintop and my only hopes for survival were me, my DD's and (most of) you and a bit of carnal in a sleeping bag, I'd rather die and let your peckers freeze off (if the natural coldness within you hasn't left them inoperable already, which would explain a lot in this forum.)

I think the red flashing radio tower idea has some merit. It would be like a lighthouse; a beacon of safety to call wayward climbers home. Unlike the ocean, however, Mt. Hood isn't flat, so a system of giant mirrors strategically placed over the entire mountain would reflect the original powerful laser signal from the tower. Just follow the red dots.

In near zero visibility, the tower could emit a loud chirping sound, similar to cross walks for the blind.

Once the laser and sound system was installed, rock concerts could be staged at the Pearly Gates, with proceeds covering the cost of the system.

I'm filing a patent.

Why not install the laser on a shark instead? Sharks go well with laserbeams.

I've been reading some more and I've discovered that these 'accidents' on top of mountains are not all that uncommon. People can just slip and fall, and if they cannot break their fall with an ice axe, they can fall hundreds of feet to their death. Sometimes if they are roped they can pull others down with them. Looking at these reports, it seems that a great deal of skill is really required to mess around on the steep inclines at the tops of these mountains, including knowing how to discern between different types of snow (which can change in a heart beat when the sun comes up), knowing what gear to use, knowing how to stop a free fall with an ice axe before too much speed builds up, not to mention all the technical knowledge required to climb rockface and ice.

Needless to say, I've vowed never to venture to a place where trees refuse to grow. I'm sure you will all be happy to hear that.

I am awed by how dangerous this sport really is, even though people don't seem to generally acknowledge that.

And, I have come to appreciate the onerous sign taken by the sheriff that two ice axes were left behind on a steep slope.

If I were ever going to take on such an endeavor on an unknown mountain, I would hire someone who grew up climbing it and who had a lot of skill and local knowledge to accompany me.