Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

More wild-ass speculation:

Mr. James may very well have had a dislocated shoulder accounting for why he stayed behind in the snow cave. He may have simply popped it back into place during the many hours he had nothing else to do in the cave.

His brother Frank said that in high school, Kelly dislocated a shoulder while wrestling, popped it back in, and went on to finish and/or win the match. So he would have known how to do that if he knew how to do it way back then. It's amazing how the screwed up media and others screwed up yet another supposed fact. They speculated on shoulders before a doctor checked him out. They should know better than to speculate like that. In keeping with the trend, I speculate that it must have come from a well intended rescue worker who thought they saw an 'obvious' injury, and did a strictly visual medical evaluation. Maybe the coat he was wearing looked crooked, and that translates to a dislocated shoulder. Whoever made the claim isn't coming to this site or retracting their claim in the media or otherwise explaining themselves, so we're on our own. I doubt the sheriff came up with that on his own. Xrays and scans show much more. So if it really was a dislocated shoulder, someone fixed it before delivering him to the medical examiner. I suspect a conspiricy that involves several individuals. Call in the flying 3-legged kitty detective!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I'm only telling you this because I REALLY CARE about YOU, and I'd hate to see you waste your life living in illusion. We all love you and want to see you live your life rightly, that's all. That's why I'm tearing apart your values, false as they are, because I know I'm right and you're wrong and I care about you and I want you to live rightly, can't you see that? And I just want everyone to live like me so I won't have any alternate opinions to challenge me or to feed my insecurities. I want to be positively reinforced, and the only way that can happen is if we all think exactly alike. Don't you see how much we love you?

I think the problem with the newbie speculation (disclaimer: I am a newbie climber, but a veteran raft guide and wildland fire fighter)on this site is the fact that newbies don't realize that the decisions that were made or not made on the mountain were made in the decision time-space of SECONDS, maybe minutes. If an accident had occured then we are talking about a decision time-space of LESS THAN SECONDS! We often run into the Johnny come lately, arm chair quaterbacking in both the rafting and wildland firefighting world also, where people that don't know what they are talking about come up with some explanation of what you did wrong after a decision time-space of days or weeks. Sorry folks thats not how these things go down in the moment. While all these newbies and interlopers have had more than a week to figure out "what they would do in this situation", they should keep their mouths shut and try to learn a thing or two from the experienced climbers who have actually been there and done that!!

I'm ready and prepared to be sprayed.

most jesus sites are gonna welcome you like this site welcomes newbies with new theories! their bible study crap is quite similar to speculation found here, useless. having said that , spirituality does rule. jesus is not the only proponent, check out sri aurobindo's writings. you'll learn more about who jesus was there.

the decisions that were made or not made on the mountain were made in the decision time-space of SECONDS, maybe minutes. If an accident had occured then we are talking about a decision time-space of LESS THAN SECONDS! We

Honestly as an "experienced climber" it would be my slightly-informed opinion that the most a significant contributing factors to this accident were based on decisions made within the time span of "MONTHS, WEEKS AND DAYS" rather than "minutes and seconds".

I think the problem with the newbie speculation (disclaimer: I am a chestbeater) on this site is

I'm ready and prepared to be sprayed.

The most annoying characteristic of many of the posts is they start out with a disclamer and then immediately ignore it

I don't know anything about climbing and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but they were stupid to ... .

Don't they care about their families?

the decisions that were made or not made on the mountain were made in the decision time-space of SECONDS, maybe minutes. If an accident had occured then we are talking about a decision time-space of LESS THAN SECONDS! We

Honestly as an "experienced climber" it would be my slightly-informed opinion that the most a significant contributing factors to this accident were based on decisions made within the time span of "MONTHS, WEEKS AND DAYS" rather than "minutes and seconds".

The guys got a point. Or at least, months, weeks, days, AND seconds. I've learned a lot from their experience.