Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, again, the Mil guys took one look at those photos, and 15 minutes later they were gone.

Those Chinooks and C-130 are gas guzzleing Mofos, and take alot of maintenance for every hour they are in the air, there's probably 10 in repair.

Again, 20 pounds = still alive.

well, it does sort of make more sense that the accident happened to the other two on the descent. But then I wonder why the third one couldn't make it off by himself. Is it impossible to make it off that mountain alone from the NF?

I found this website through cnn and I'm not really sure what is going on with the flying cats. I am a little scared of this "Spray" forum as they're talking about "craping on Baby Jesus"??? I have been intrigued by this story for days. Last night I was hunched over my laptop playing the videos of recaps from CNN and reading lastest news on the climbers. My husband thinks I lost it. I think it's because i see pictures of these men and they seem like the guy next door. I have come to the realization that all of these men died and became famous (not really sure that's a good word) doing what they loved. I look at pictures of these mountains and the scene is so serene...no wonder climbers literally risk their lives to bask in those moments on the summit.

No one will ever know what exactly happened. It is pretty amazing that they all made it to the summit. I would love to see the pictures that they developed. Speculation becomes old but I have my 2 cents worth - I think Kelly James dislocated his shoulder before they reached the summit and they helped him to the top. I also believe that Jerry and Brian feel off their snow cave which is why one glove and ice picks were found (everything the sheriff communicated). Did one fall before the other? It really makes no difference, they died doing what kept them alive - I might actually close down my laptop tonight and find closure in the sheriff's latest briefing that his A team did their best...damn.

That is all they do all day, anyway, so might as well be at your house. They crow and rape the hens and attack me == hope they don't get that mixed up. I don't think roosters are very sharp.

So, is that your morbidly obese cat? I guessed that because of the morbid humor involved with the picture storms.

I gotta tell ya folks, I came here to gleen some info about 3 men that have captured the attention and hearts of millions of people in manycountries.

Well, don't take this personally TekEss, but you came here because you've been sold a bill of goods by the media who's flogging a soap opera for the sake of making the kind of money you seem to think the owners of this site should be bellying up to the trough to get their share of.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very sad thing that has happened, and strikes a chord with the members of this site because it's the sort of thing that could happen to anyone here. The three climbers sound like good folks, and were certainly very special to their friends and family, but the tragedy of untimely death is repeated a thousand times a minute across the globe. I've had six friends die in the mountains, and odds are you've never heard of any of them. There's nothing especially noble about climbing, and as you've noted, about climbers in general either.

This site is a place for climbers in the Northwest to talk amongst themselves, about ideas, adventures, plans, and all kinds of stuff. Many have the same kind of black humor you'll find among firemen, ambulance drivers, and ER docs. We also shoot the shit, argue amongst ourselves, insult each other, and have bitter battles over things that are essentially trivial in the greater scheme of things. We're not about explaining what we do to the world at large, and it's merely happenstance that we've been one of several ground zeros for the kind of frenzy a good disaster with a human element excites in a public that chooses to live vicariously.

For the record, I'm not an administrator or owner of this site, I'm a poster who was asked to become a volunteer moderator. More specifically, I'm a Spray Moderator, which means I have a thick skin, a wicked sense of humor, an inclination towards irreverence, and am an advocate for intellectual freedom and free expression.

This site may very well not suit you. It's certainly not for everyone. You might want to check out rockclimbing.com, summitpost.com, or nwhikers.net, all sites that cater to different aspects of climbing.

I don't think roosters are very sharp.

Watch it buddy.

So, is that your morbidly obese cat? I guessed that because of the morbid humor involved with the picture storms.

No relations there. There's a cat in the barnyard but if he gets near me, it turns into a talon show.

crow and rape the hens

They actually enjoy it. They're just play hard to get.

COCK A DOODLE DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta go---b'GOCK!

I gotta tell ya folks, I came here to gleen some info about 3 men that have captured the attention and hearts of millions of people in manycountries.

Well, don't take this personally TekEss, but you came here because you've been sold a bill of goods by the media who's flogging a soap opera for the sake of making the kind of money you seem to think the owners of this site should be bellying up to the trough to get their share of.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very sad thing that has happened, and strikes a chord with the members of this site because it's the sort of thing that could happen to anyone here. The three climbers sound like good folks, and were certainly very special to their friends and family, but the tragedy of untimely death is repeated a thousand times a minute across the globe. I've had six friends die in the mountains, and odds are you've never heard of any of them. There's nothing especially noble about climbing, and as you've noted, about climbers in general either.

This site is a place for climbers in the Northwest to talk amongst themselves, about ideas, adventures, plans, and all kinds of stuff. Many have the same kind of black humor you'll find among firemen, ambulance drivers, and ER docs. We also shoot the shit, argue amongst ourselves, insult each other, and have bitter battles over things that are essentially trivial in the greater scheme of things. We're not about explaining what we do to the world at large, and it's merely happenstance that we've been one of several ground zeros for the kind of frenzy a good disaster with a human element excites in a public that chooses to live vicariously.

For the record, I'm not an administrator or owner of this site, I'm a poster who was asked to become a volunteer moderator. More specifically, I'm a Spray Moderator, which means I have a thick skin, a wicked sense of humor, an inclination towards irreverence, and am an advocate for intellectual freedom and free expression.

This site may very well not suit you. It's certainly not for everyone. You might want to check out rockclimbing.com, summitpost.com, or nwhikers.net, all sites that cater to different aspects of climbing.

Own up. Timmay caught you leering at his dogs, then found you hilt deep in a doberman.