Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

Steve, you better have something better than that pea-shooter to point at me. ;p

Segal is the head of our Aikido Dojo, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. But man, can he do some ass kickin stuff.

Problem is, he's so fast, it doesn't translate well to film. You just see a blur of movement, and the other guy is down.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Are people around here drinking?

2. I have some roosters to give away if anyone wants one of their own. They look like the dude above. THey are hella mean.

3.Molly, you are doing well. Taking some flack , but oh well.

I don't think 3 climbers would part company unless there was an accident, and they were forcibly seperated. If there is one rule of thumb for any back country activity, it would be to stick together. I read a post somewhere about the cut rope and I was wondering if there was any kind of fall where a person would cut his climbing mates free? Only if they were dead? I don't know, just wondering.

4. I don't know if there is a discussion where you can get some facts around here--- I don't think anyone has any.

I was wondering the same thing about the cut rope. Or, if they cut themselves free? I'd like to see a climber answer under what conditions they would separate from a buddy. 'Going for help' in the middle of a cat 2 hurricane doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Wouldn't it be better to stay inside and ride it out?

I read a post somewhere about the cut rope and I was wondering if there was any kind of fall where a person would cut his climbing mates free?

I think maybe they were feezing and suffering on the mountain and put themselves out of their misery. I could see someone doing that. The sheriff may have been hinting at that by saying the rope was cut. Knowing him, I'm surprised he even mentioned that voluntarily, instead of waiting for a reporter to somehow know to ask "did you find any cut rope?"

Molly and Two Cents.

You two are, well, weird. Weird like little rat terrier weird, chewing and shaking something for the simple sake of have something to chew and something to shake. Molly's not going to get a cracker and Two Cents has no cents left.

No, wait. You two are stupid. Simply stupid.

It makes me feel like, well, this:

baddayinoffice.gif

Not takeing supplies and basic gear for a quickie, is what these guys got. You can pack enough gear and food to survive for weeks in 20 lbs.

It's sorta like diving to 300 feet without your "Spare Air", and then you drown, and everyone says, "Why didn't he have a Spare Air." And response is, "he didn't think he was going to be down long or run out of air or have a problem."

Doohhh

You know, there is supposed to be a UFO base located under Mt Shasta.

Shasta is a Cascade volcano.

Maybe there are also aliens living within Mt Hood and they are responsible for the climber deaths.

Has the autopsy reported yet if the rectums and other organs were removed? Because in cattle mutilations, the cows often have their tender parts removed surgically.

With all the rescue aircraft flying around, one more black helicopter would have been totally unnoticed.

I think a special team should go back up to investigate these snow caves. One might be a camouflaged entrance to the alien base.

But go prepared. MREs, East Coast gangsta system, shoe polish, and above all, take an alien-proof rectum.

Molly and Two Cents.

You two are, well, weird. Weird like little rat terrier weird, chewing and shaking something for the simple sake of have something to chew and something to shake. Molly's not going to get a cracker and Two Cents has no cents left.

No, wait. You two are stupid. Simply stupid.

It makes me feel like, well, this:

baddayinoffice.gif

You are just pissed Tom Cruise didn't visit you in the middle of your last climb. My last epic I saw Tom Cruise, Ving Rhames, the Gimp, Zed and Keyser Soze! They pulled up in a mauve Maybach with dubs!

why would you need someone to cut the rope to do that? Just jump off the mountain. No need to cut the rope for that.

He might have cut the rope if they were hung and couldnt move.

I don't think these are the kind of men who give up. I think they got blew off the mountain.

Edited by midnightrider

I climb, I just don't go out without my gear and supplies. If they had supplies, and it fell off the face, then I'd feel differently.

What's your point, Einstein? That you are smart and they were dumb? Why don't you call up the families and tell them how stupid their husbands were? And don't forget to tell them how smart and prepared you are and that you've never miscalculated anything.

The fact is you don't what the fuck happened to them up there, and the weather was bad long enough that 10 or more days supply of shit might not even have saved them. Maybe some food and gas got dropped; maybe the other two fell with it all and left the other guy without anything. We don't know and never will.

But at least we have assholes like you here to tell us all about their mistakes after the fact and how you would never make the same ones.

So unless you have some meaningful point to make here, STFU and show some respect, jackass. :tdown:

That goes for the rest of you pudwhacking, mouth breathing fuckheads that suddenly feel so compelled to overanalyze this event to death just because you think death in the mountains is somehow more outrageous than some other death. In the time you've spent debating what might have happened and trying to assign and quantify the blame, countless tragic deaths have happened all over the world- where's your tears for them? Or is some father of four's heart attack at work not dramatic enough for you?

Get over it. We're all Marked for Death. It doesn't matter who is most Hard to Kill.

:ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass: :ass:

Thanks. I am thinking that something like that had to have happened. I did not get the details on the severed rope. IF anyone did, clue us in, thanks

Buying a round, here :brew::brew::brew:

The cut rope came from the sheriff in one of the press conferences. Then he said 'cut with a knife,' as if that were somehow significant. And, my impression was that the rope was at the site of the makeshift ice cave over the gullies.

Thanks. I am thinking that something like that had to have happened. I did not get the details on the severed rope. IF anyone did, clue us in, thanks

Buying a round, here :brew::brew::brew:

The cut rope came from the sheriff in one of the press conferences. Then he said 'cut with a knife,' as if that were somehow significant. And, my impression was that the rope was at the site of the makeshift ice cave over the gullies.

those are Leni Riefenstahls Ice Caves - Hitler, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Janice, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobaine and Elliot Smith entertain there. Fucking tourists don't know better.

Heh, again, the Mil guys took one look at those photos, and 15 minutes later they were gone.

Those Chinooks and C-130 are gas guzzleing Mofos, and take alot of maintenance for every hour they are in the air, there's probably 10 in repair.

Again, 20 pounds = still alive.

flying_cat.jpg

flying_cat.jpg

Edited by ShiniWhoever