Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speculate such, as do other people. I still don't have any report as to whether the footprints were down to the cave/anchor, or up from it. I read the footprints disappeared at the top, so who knows. You can't go by the photos cause you don't know if someone flipped the pic 90 degrees or more before publishing it. You can't tell which way is up or down. At this point, with all the inaccuracies, I'm not sure anything short of photos is worth much. Neither has anyone put together a drawing of the footprints to show where they went and when. If it weren't for the recovering staff sgt, I wouldn't even know there were two sets of prints. The photos indicate there was only one set. No one has produced a second photo to my knowledge.

"You know, every douchebag, thrill seeking mountain climber aught to sign a waiver that if lost, the family NOT the government should be responsible for the rescue effort. I cannot imagine if I lost a wife or husband or friend or whatever who was out in a hellicopter trying to find one of these self apointed daredevils. Mountain climbing is a HOBBY. Mountain climbers need to take into account that they place INNOCENT people in harm's way just cuz "it was there". Just to feed some man vs. nature ego trip. Why can't ya just take up Russian Roulette as a hobby and spare the good men and women who are out trying to rescue real victims? Why is your ego so inflated that you risk rendering your families fatherless or motherless or whatever. It amazes me the number of these idiots who are married with children. This, in my opinion constitues family neglect by willingly placing your family in harm's way so you can have something to brag about. I hope those men out there died suffering, because it'll be nothing compared to the suffering they caused DOZENS of people who have regular, uninflated egos. With HDTV there is no risk. THINK ABOUT THIS PEOPLE......"

rosie manages to be way off on just about anything . thats talent.like orylay those are mouths for hire.
yeah, they won't pay me for my opinion like that. It's cause I'm a skinny white male. They're prejudice. But with 65 down and 135 to go, then i'll at least me qualified to post my opinion here. YEAH!

"You know, every douchebag, thrill seeking mountain climber aught to sign a waiver that if lost, the family NOT the government should be responsible for the rescue effort. I cannot imagine if I lost a wife or husband or friend or whatever who was out in a hellicopter trying to find one of these self apointed daredevils. Mountain climbing is a HOBBY. Mountain climbers need to take into account that they place INNOCENT people in harm's way just cuz "it was there". Just to feed some man vs. nature ego trip. Why can't ya just take up Russian Roulette as a hobby and spare the good men and women who are out trying to rescue real victims? Why is your ego so inflated that you risk rendering your families fatherless or motherless or whatever. It amazes me the number of these idiots who are married with children. This, in my opinion constitues family neglect by willingly placing your family in harm's way so you can have something to brag about. I hope those men out there died suffering, because it'll be nothing compared to the suffering they caused DOZENS of people who have regular, uninflated egos. With HDTV there is no risk. THINK ABOUT THIS PEOPLE......"[/quote

if you did then i speculate that you fit somewhere between oreilley and bush in the human garbage chain........

Why are you mooning me like some pesky goat in heat? Never mind, I don't care, I'm gonna fuck you anyway.

I gotta tell ya folks, I came here to gleen some info about 3 men that have captured the attention and hearts of millions of people in manycountries. They have brought a great deal of attention and new found interest and admiration for you and your sport/hobby/love.People are coming here to learn about these men and what drove them to Mt.Hood in the first place. I read your TR (a term I learned here) in a state of shock and awe, my god would I love to try what you people speak of...I do not have the heart to do it, but I'm here to learn and enjoy the thrill,through your posts, something I will not ever accomplish. Companies spend millions and millions of dollars to attract the kind of attention that this site has attracted under some extremely unfortunate circumstances.

I am the admin of 3 successful web forums, there is no need to name them as that is not my purpose. I mention that because visiting this forum is bittersweet.There truly is some invaluable information here but it is lost as is credibility of the site, when the trash talk (as quoted above from an admin) is found everywhere on the site. The kind of talk that you people, attorneys, Dr's,"personalities" etc. spew,is totally unbecoming and very damaging to your forum and it speaks volumes of the upper echelon that can afford to participate in this sport.

Off_White, please don't take this personal, but I am surprised that you as an admin also act this way. This forum is way out of control and does much damage to you. I'm sure that is why only one of the three that lost their lives on Mt.Hood ever visited here,and his posts did not spew any of the sludge that seems to be common here.

Protect your sport, be proud of the fact that you people are fearless compared to most of us, but more importantly carry yourselves in this forum as you would in your profession. The eyes of the world are on you, make the Mt. Hood 3 proud.

Help the growth of your site and sport, not hurt it.

I expect much "spray" from my post, that seems to be pretty typical...going back to my corner now...be well and thoughts and prayers to the families and precious holidays to you all.

Hi two cents. I'm not a climber, either, but I am haunted by this tragedy and would just like to be able to talk about it with someone. So I'll speculate with you, and maybe someone who knows something about climbing will show up and give us some facts about what might have happened to these guys.

This new information about no injury to Kelly has me really confused. At least it was all making some sense before.