Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my own thoughts... If indeed (most likely scenario) the two left down cooper/NF and they wound up at the base of the NF by slip or avalanche, there will be no body recovery no matter what the melt off. That is a massive accumulation zone and I imagine anything that winds up there gets pushed down into the center of the glacier, not to resurface until it comes out the snout of the glacier. If that is the case, I feel extra sympathy for the family because not having a body to put to rest is very difficult emotionally and also for insurance purposes. They will have a difficult time getting any life insurance payout to help keep up with the bills that will start stacking up.

I'm not sure I understand why Phil & Shini keep wasting their time on this site. They must understand that nobody cares about their opinion. Trolls that persistent don't deserve replies, even in spray, so stop encouraging them, please!

The search to find two missing climbers alive on Mount Hood is over and it has now become a "recovery effort," Sheriff Joe Wampler said Wednesday.

"We've done everything we can at this point," Wampler said.

He made the remarks after personally piloting a Piper Cub over the 11,239-foot mountain for new clues. He found none.

His decision ends a dramatic nine-day search for three climbers who went missing on Mount Hood on Dec. 11.

One of three — Kelly James — was pulled out of a snow cave on Monday. For three days, the volunteers and helicopters scoured the mountain in hopes of locating signs of James' mountaineering partners — Brian Hall and Jerry "Nikko" Cooke.

But Wampler said searchers have given up hope of finding them alive.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.yahoo.com ...

Now that the search has been officially called off, it's time for all the posers (pun intended) here to go retrace the steps of the lost climbers sans MLU's, PLU's, Avalanche Beacons or any other electronic device.

In other words, put your lives where your mouths are and go find the bodies.

Now that the search has been officially called off, it's time for all the posers (pun intended) here to go retrace the steps of the lost climbers sans MLU's, PLU's, Avalanche Beacons or any other electronic device.

In other words, put your lives where your mouths are and go find the bodies.

Phillmeup Whitshit -

Bite me. Oh wait. I'll bite you. Now go away.

- LandShark

Once again, Rosie proves that her mouth is bigger than her brain. And to think there are couch-sitting, soap-opera loving, Oprah-crying, Bon-Bon eating trailer trash willing to watch and support her fat ass. She'd rather the rescue money go to unwed teenage ghetto lesbian mothers who would rather spend their lives on the govt. dole than to dare get up and go to work to manage a fitness center, (climber #1), practice law, (#2) or start their own business (#3). I'm glad the sheriff had the guts to say what he did.

*takes number and stands in neck-choking line, hoping his hands aren't too small to reach around it.

He does, but he said, if they won't work, they shouldn't eat. I guess that means they can die hungry. How long would they last without food? With or without a blizzard?

I'd sooner help an injured teenage lesbian mother with a job who doesn't think it's my duty to support their lazy butts and their babies. I've got my own bills to pay.

Dem o crat - someone who wants to have their cake and EAT YOURS TOO!