Mt. Hood events speculation

twocents

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my speculation. The mistake this party made was this: Instead of staying at home and sitting in front of their computers pontificating on Internet forums like babbling idiots about things they have absolutely no clue about, they actually went climbing. That was their mistake. They should have just stayed at home, sprayed on Internet forums, and criticized others with the benefit of 20-20 hindsight.

No known moderator has requested anything of me,

(Several in the Mt. Hood thread (including admins))

What do you call this?

That refers to a post by mattp(?). It wasn't directed to me personally.

Speculation = spray... Same thing. If you newbie’s want to keep spouting off about dead people. Go ahead, just put this in spray. Spray goes in spray. That way the admins and moderators don’t have to work as hard in editing out the spray.

Sense you all are new hear. "See: most annoying poster thread". Ill let you in on a secret, put spray in spray and that way we can all have a great conversation about dead people properly.

Speculation = spray... Same thing. If you newbie’s want to keep spouting off about dead people. Go ahead, just put this in spray. Spray goes in spray. That way the admins and moderators don’t have to work as hard in editing out the spray.

Sense you all are new hear. "See: most annoying poster thread". Ill let you in on a secret, put spray in spray and that way we can all have a great conversation about dead people properly.

1. OK, where's the official cascadeclimbers definition of spray? Spray and speculation are not the same.

2. You don't make sense to me. It seems that talking about the climbers in whatever fashion is fine with you, as long as the thread is categorized and titled properly? You've got to be kidding.

3. Your words are most disrespectful of the lost.

Oops sorry, missed that Lambone. The tent was in an area above Paradise in the the big area that cleared off with the melt-off. Sent the tent scraps to Black Diamond to get an approximate age, just for shits and grins, and they said it was a 12-15 year old model, but that means absolutely nothing about anything. Not sure where the axe was, somewhere above the lift since that was my main jump-off point. Stuff started turning up, climbing stuff with that melt-off. Also a USGS glaciologist found some cool stuff too as I recall. OK, back to work for me.

Speculation by the ill informed = moving your lips/fingers for your own entertainment = spray.

As was pointed out, it's pisses a lot of people off, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to get people to be polite or monitoring posts. It's not useful to the search effort, it's not helpful to friends and family, it's just a bunch of blather.

Blather is just fine, we all do it, but it belongs here.

I have to go now. I think I helped solve a huge problem with the original thread. It was pretty ridiculous. I'm thankful that ultimately, it appears that an admin made a decision and that's fine with me, whether you agree with it or not. If you don't like speculation, then you didn't like it over there either, right? So you've lost nothing, and perhaps gained something due to it's relocation. I agree that nastiness doesn't need to be mixed with honest questions, sincere condolences, and SAR reports from people in-the-know. Unfortunately, it appears that nastiness and speculation can't be separate.

I'll be back later tonight to see how much longer this thread has become without me, thanks to all the sprayers, speculators, 2nd guessers, potty-mouths, and climber-bashers (ignorant newbies and so-called 'veterans' alike.) No, I'm not taking bets as to how many pages you guys can come up with, but nothing will surprise me.

1. OK, where's the official cascadeclimbers definition of spray? Spray and speculation are not the same.

2. You don't make sense to me. It seems that talking about the climbers in whatever fashion is fine with you, as long as the thread is categorized and titled properly? You've got to be kidding.

3. Your words are most disrespectful of the lost.

Dude, you are new. There is a 50 page speculation thread already going. Go speculate there. Matter of fact, there is a couple of Mt. Hood threads going now. Go speculate there.

If you dont like my words.... go back to RC.com.

A fellow CC.com brought me to your attention. Told me to seek out the 2 cent dude. Well.... I found you.

It's just wild speculation, but perhaps IF they had carried an MLU and IF it had been energized on Saturday, Dec 10th when Mr. James got hurt and IF a cell phone call to 911 had been made to start a search, at least one climber MIGHT have been saved. At least they'd have had a better chance than they have now.