TR: Canadian Rockies

Hey just got back from the Canadian Rockies. Had a kick-ass time climbing ice with my buddy Solin. We did Guiness Gulley to High Test near Field, Murishon Falls and Polar Circus on the Jasper Highway, Lady Killer in Kicking Horse, and a route on Mt. Hunter in between Golden and Field during which the slopes above us decided to kick down a big wet heavy slide which just nearly missed up. It was my first trip up there and its way rad. The locals said everythings not in as fat as usual but the dependable stuff is in nice. Getting warm though. Pic's at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/eatmoreribs

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: specialed ]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we snagged one of the first shipment to the bookstore in Golden. The new guide's rad, its got so much more shit including all the route's I won't ever do like M-16 and Reality Bath.

Dru: had a bluebird day driving by Chilliwack. Those Skagit Mts. are pretty cool. Looks like there would be some ice up Hwy. 5 if it was ever cold enough eh?

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:
Yeah we snagged one of the first shipment to the bookstore in Golden. The new guide's rad, its got so much more shit including all the route's I won't ever do like M-16 and Reality Bath.

Dru: had a bluebird day driving by Chilliwack. Those Skagit Mts. are pretty cool. Looks like there would be some ice up Hwy. 5 if it was ever cold enough eh?

Two words. BOX CANYON. see the Feb 20th posting on casbc.bivouac.com. Also some minor ice flows under the NF of Needle Peak.