More Troops in Iraq

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it will be a long time before Iraq is stable enough to warrant long term investment. Rule of law is non-existent. Look how long it took to resolve the Balkans. And these folks(sunni/shia politicos)seem much more determined to keep chaos the norm. I pity the everyday man and woman who's having to endure this shit.

And adding troops will solve this how?

I love how big gov't always has this solution to every failing program: spend more.

i love like you change your tune. i remeber your opinions in favor of this stupid war. so SHUT THE FUCK UP CUNT! you voted for him! now eat shit and live!

Two good articles on Iraq. The first on Bush's "urge to surge" , the second on the Iraqi state (or lack thereof).

The "good news" for those who supported the war, Bush's likely failure to put more troops in Iraq given a Democratic congress may give you rhetorical ammo in the future. Like today's disgruntled Vietnam buffs, you too can claim that "our hands were tied by spineless politicians and weak-willed civilians that lacked the fortitude to follow through and get the job done". Obliterating any rational reflection on what actually happened will insure that "no limits are placed on future leaders' ability to conduct war". Don't get too hasty KK, your original views in favor of this war may become fashonable again in say 30 years or so.

These are just thoughts on the topic, in response to no one in particular.

The Bush legacy is going to be the worst.

I'm not an American, though I do live here (Legally). But when most non-americans are hearing of the increase in troops in Iraq, most of them believe this is to prepare to make a move on Iran.

True or not true? I don't know. Living here in your country, knowing so many of you and hearing how the country seems to feel, I just don't see how this could happen without the backing and support of the population.

The situation is so precarious. All of those smaller middle eastern countries are frightened and just waiting to see what happens next.

What scares me most is that I don't think Bush is smart enough to see that he at this time he has in his hands the future of the world as we know it. Maybe even the future of this poor planet.

These are just thoughts on the topic, in response to no one in particular.

The Bush legacy is going to be the worst.

I'm not an American, though I do live here (Legally). But when most non-americans are hearing of the increase in troops in Iraq, most of them believe this is to prepare to make a move on Iran.

True or not true? I don't know. Living here in your country, knowing so many of you and hearing how the country seems to feel, I just don't see how this could happen without the backing and support of the population.

The situation is so precarious. All of those smaller middle eastern countries are frightened and just waiting to see what happens next.

What scares me most is that I don't think Bush is smart enough to see that he at this time he has in his hands the future of the world as we know it. Maybe even the future of this poor planet.

fun facts:

the pentagon was renovated 5 years before ( one of 5 sides only) ny times 9/13

the w tc was bought and insured for 7 bil, 6 weeks before. (price 4bil) ny times 9/13

the mil was running 4 war games scenarios that day. (theme; hi jakings)

the head of security for buildings was marvin bush,

the pentagon being hit ,made it an act of war. ny times 9/13

giuliani knew.

fun facts:

the pentagon was renovated 5 years before ( one of 5 sides only) ny times 9/13

the w tc was bought and insured for 7 bil, 6 weeks before. (price 4bil) ny times 9/13

the mil was running 4 war games scenarios that day. (theme; hi jakings)

the head of security for buildings was marvin bush,

the pentagon being hit ,made it an act of war. ny times 9/13

giuliani knew.

I really don't mind all of the flaming liberals, the arrogant bastards, the clueless degrees, the commies, the potheads, the trust-fund-world travelling brats, enviro-dumbshits, and angry lesbians that frequent this site - but the 9/11-conspiracy fuckhead retards like you rate so far below the rest that I can't even hear the echo coming up through the sewer pipe!!! Please....kill yourself soon.