[TR] Bugaboos - several 8/22/2006

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I just wanted to apologize for my insensitive comment earlier in this thread. I was feeling a lot of angst prior to the weekend, needing to feel the loving caress of snow below my skis. I cried a little when I reflected and thought about how ugly my words were.

Sky

PS: Your pictures are nice, too, Clint. Even, dare I say it, HOT!?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for the photos. That is some sweet shots! Nice looking climbing shoes and harness. definately a different time.

I bet that your dad was very proud that day.

Thanks, Gene. I never really thought of whether he felt proud, but I bet he did. (I could ask him!).

I think most of what we were feeling was just being glad to have been able to do it. It was our second try. The previous day, we were caught in a lightning and hailstorm right below the gendarme. The lightning was striking on the descent ridge, so we couldn't go down unless we thought we could rap the east face. Probably a generic Bugaboos electric storm, with the ground buzzing and rattling loudly as the electrons rush up along the surface, then the huge BAM when they arc to the cloud. We felt pretty small and humbled. Eventually the strikes becaume less frequent and we ran down the ridge, not pausing too long at where the rock had been melted. Still stubborn enough to come back the next day and managed to climb it....

Thanks for sharing the heat, all. Fair enough, I "asked" for equal time. Dang, I was always tryin' to be *cool* back in those days!